It was simply love at first sight! As soon as I saw the storm at ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Ajanthan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31F8F87A

Thumbs up Loving my Blackberry STORM!

Advertisement

It was simply love at first sight!

As soon as I saw the storm at the shop, I had to get it. Even though a lot of people complain that it is unstable. How was the iPhone when it came out (or even now)? I admit, when I got first got it there were bugs. But now after an update or two of the firmware. It's running a lot better (almost flawlessly). I just had to write about my satisfaction of the product, as I notice that most people are complaining about it (and stating that they are going to return it!)
    PIN: 31F8F87A
    BlackBerry 8330
    V.4.5.0.163 (Platform V.3.4.0.51)

Everyone, Please add me to BBM again! NEW phone and PIN! :)

PinkBerryGirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304EE8BD

Loving my Storm too!

I agree that there were some bugs when I got it on Nov. 21st and I did have one with a defective screen which Verizon did replace but since upgrading to all of the leaked os including the latest one for the 9530, I have to say that I do love my Storm. I'm loving the browsing and the larger screen and since the updates, the camera has also worked much better. Of course with any new phone, there will be bugs to be worked out but overall I'm happy and I'm sure that when the next official os is released, my phone will work much better.
    Nathalie
    VZW BlackBerry Tour 9630 v4.7.1.53
    AT & TiPhone 3GS

T-Mobile BlackBerry Curve 8900
    http://twitter.com/PinkBerryGirl

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    Agreed.
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Good to hear that you are enjoying your phone.

bradley1972 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C040A4
    I thought I loved my Curve but my Storm has replaced it! I've had a little learning to get used to but who hasn't? Glad to see a thread praising it instead of bashing it!~via smartphone~

rgarde no está en línea Stack level 2
    I love mine!!! The hardware is definitely ahead of its software. So, with upgraded software I can't even wait to see how much better my Storm will be.

Arniestorm no está en línea Stack level 1
    It's strange that you have to rely on leaked beta firmware to make a phone work. I wish RIMM once and for all solved the basic bugs in the software like the delay in the camera. The browsing sucks. I am used to the Storm I own for several months with .75. I look for an update each day and none is available. I expect that RIMM is working on it and hope it will be available OTA by mid March. I generally like the phone. I am spoiled by the Microsoft APP store as I have the iTouch and find the Apps far superior to BB Apps. I do like the flawless operation of the email system. The phone is very good too. Camera sucks, Browser sucks. I give the typing a 6 out of 10.
    I also thought that the predictive typing "learned" your errors and typos, but it does not. You have to go to autotext and add new words manually.

When will the official upgrade come? I am too "chicken sh**" to upgrade to a beta unofficial firmware.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arniestorm View Post
    It's strange that you have to rely on leaked beta firmware to make a phone work. I wish RIMM once and for all solved the basic bugs in the software like the delay in the camera. The browsing sucks. I am used to the Storm I own for several months with .75. I look for an update each day and none is available. I expect that RIMM is working on it and hope it will be available OTA by mid March. I generally like the phone. I am spoiled by the Microsoft APP store as I have the iTouch and find the Apps far superior to BB Apps. I do like the flawless operation of the email system. The phone is very good too. Camera sucks, Browser sucks. I give the typing a 6 out of 10.
    I also thought that the predictive typing "learned" your errors and typos, but it does not. You have to go to autotext and add new words manually.

When will the official upgrade come? I am too "chicken sh**" to upgrade to a beta unofficial firmware.
    You meant Apple App Store right ?

As for RIM taking their time, indeed they are really getting on my nerves because theyre releasing devices left right and center but completely unstable and not focusing on whats important : the OS.

HOWEVER, sources of mine have confirmed that the RIM factories right now in Canada are DRY and that nothing is being produced (no pre-prod nothing). So my guess is that theyre finally working on OSs and making everything stable before moving on to newer devices.