Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

They may be my little friends, but they're pretty powerful And they can do things ... BlackBerry Storm forum

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

They may be my little friends, but they're pretty powerful
    And they can do things I didn't know possible!
    Now JF?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just bought my storm a couple days ago from walmart and I love it. Having used a Pearl and 2 different kinds of Curves I have to say this is by ar my favorite blackberry. 3g speed makes web browsing easy and downloads fast. Shoot I downloaded the .113 os using the phone and it did it pretty quick for a cell phone.

Typing took a little getting used to but its a little easier for some reason with the new os. Its snappier and more responsive.

So far it is a great phone.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    They may be my little friends, but they're pretty powerful
    And they can do things I didn't know possible!
    Now JF?
    Not to mention the vibrating in your pocket is a plus

megan23247 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well I hate AND Love my storm! I hate typing in landscape BUT i love everything else, except of course for the random restarts and the screen freezing almost every time I get a message. Im running 113 and I have t-mobile.

Fri April 17th, I can Storm into VZW for my new storms

I'm still stackin in my pants.

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by megan23247 View Post
    Well I hate AND Love my storm! I hate typing in landscape BUT i love everything else, except of course for the random restarts and the screen freezing almost every time I get a message. Im running 113 and I have t-mobile.
    I love the premise of the phone, but the freezes and re boots.... I'm at my wits end.. again.

Is it possible I need another replacement... this would be my 4th since november. It's really kind of unbelievable.

megan23247 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well I would say yes but it seems this phone is plagued with these issues, but man wouldnt it be a perfect phone if it wasnt!

nikez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I have a question. I really want the BB Storm but i have t mobile and if i were to go with verizon my bill would be 30 bucks more. So my question is would if be better if i unlocked the bb storm for t mobile or just spend 30 more bucks on my bill each month but i dont wanna do that. what are your thoughts and suggestions?

nikez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I have a question for you. I really want the BB Storm but i have t mobile and if i were to go with verizon my bill would be 30 bucks more. So my question is would if be better if i unlocked the bb storm or just spend 30 more bucks on my bill each month but i dont wanna do that. what are your thoughts and suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by nikez View Post
    I have a question for you. I really want the BB Storm but i have t mobile and if i were to go with verizon my bill would be 30 bucks more. So my question is would if be better if i unlocked the bb storm or just spend 30 more bucks on my bill each month but i dont wanna do that. what are your thoughts and suggestions?
    I would say that you take the price that you are willing to pay for an unlocked Storm, divide it by a 24 month contract.
    Also, why is it $30 more a month for the same VZW contract?
    Also, do you get the same warranty with an unlocked Storm from whom you are buying it from?

Now for the personal opinion:
    Unless VZW changes drastically, I will always be with VZW.
    Best service and quality in the business.
    If TMO had the Storm or any other phone, and VZW didn't have the same phone, I would switch to VZW.
    Just my opinion.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    I would say that you take the price that you are willing to pay for an unlocked Storm, divide it by a 24 month contract.
    Also, why is it $30 more a month for the same VZW contract?
    Also, do you get the same warranty with an unlocked Storm from whom you are buying it from?
    i agree with SVT in this part, but have in mind that if you are still under contract you have to pay some bucks to brake that contract, so add those "some bucks" to the equation
    about the warranty, you alway have the insurance choice over a third party company.
    an unlocked 9530 on ebay and others sites are rounding 400 to 500
    an unlocked 9500 (from Vodafone) is rounding 300 to 400.
    and if you look on craigslist could be in a lower price

i have a bold and a 9500 running on tmobile and both of them are just awesome phones, they both can beat some speedy models running on vz or att 3g networks.
    Last edited by ealvnv; 04-15-2009 at 12:33 AM.
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

curvin300 no está en línea Stack level 2

Love it!

I love it because its a berry! The OS does need work. Will see what the official OS .113 got . currently running .122

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by nikez View Post
    You can negotiate with VZW as a new customer. Tell them you want them to match what you are paying at TMO. They will negotiate with you as long as you are porting a number over as a new customer.

Now, if you have 3G TMO in your area, you prob shouldn't do an unlocked Storm because the Storm will not give you high speed internet on TMO.

I left TMO for VZW myself, only because of the lack of 3G in Columbus. But I will say this.. the service is the same. I was very happy with TMO.

If you don't travel, TMO is awesome. If you do a lot of traveling, then Verizon is going to be the best choice in the USA.

Like I said... in June when TMO finally launches 3G in Cbus, I'm going to ponder going back. it's cheaper for the most part and I doubt VZW is going to give me the same deal after my 1 yr contract is up but we will see.

tafadzwa no está en línea Stack level 2
    My storm freezes all the time and shuts down by its self. I'm truly not happy wit it and every time I try to updated the OS it doesn't work. I think its time to look for a new phone. Maybe even the HTC line of phones......

snakedocter38 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30683A78
    I love my storm im running .122 on t-mobile cant wait to see what the storm two is all about

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast