so i was going to cancle att and goto the network! im going to get ... BlackBerry Storm forum

jakaro no está en línea Stack level 3

Question losing att to get storm

Advertisement

so i was going to cancle att and goto the network! im going to get the storm, i just have a few questions

whats the difference between buying it on amazon for 100 and instore for 200, i was told that your signing two contracts,one with verizon and one with amazon, and that verizon wont give you a new phone if it breaks, you have to deal with amazon or RIM is this true?

also wondering where to download the latest beta os! i want it on my comp so when i pick it up friday it will be ready to go.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Depending on the etf, could be just as much to buy an unlocked. Be sure to check sig in your area as well. If all is well enjoy your storm.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

kalel434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Google

dchandler no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215EE851
    From what i was told they charge you for everything, If you change your number, any features on your account or anything. I wouldnt buy from them. Be careful

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Check in the recent threads for yesterday, a guy had posted of a site giving a storm real cheap and he's had good experiences with em... I can't find you a link cuz I'm wapping...

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Good Luck on your purchase, hope you like it. Here is the official Storm Beta thread, you can find a lot of good helpful information here. Not links directly to the leaked betas, but links to places that show you were to get the betas.

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=100743
    -Josh

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jakaro View Post
    so i was going to cancle att and goto the network! im going to get the storm, i just have a few questions

whats the difference between buying it on amazon for 100 and instore for 200, i was told that your signing two contracts,one with verizon and one with amazon, and that verizon wont give you a new phone if it breaks, you have to deal with amazon or RIM is this true?

also wondering where to download the latest beta os! i want it on my comp so when i pick it up friday it will be ready to go.
    As to the two different offers: Verizon's offer through Amazon is more stringent because whatever plan they require cannot be changed due to the low price (and whatever else the offer involved). In-store is whatever Verizon offers because it's through them directly.

I went through Amazon years ago to become a Tmobile customer and had no bad experiences. Since then, I've gone through the provider directly and still have had no bad experiences. It just depends on whether you are willing to get the phone cheaper with a little bit more restriction. Either way, you will be a Verizon customer, but the terms depend on whether you go through Amazon or through Verizon directly.

IM ON THE NETWORK!!!!!! woot so far so good, updating to the latest beta now, then well see

sickchilly no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CFA98A
    More than happy with my Storm on AT&T. A particular phone by itself is no reason for me to switch carriers. I prefer GSM so I can swap SIMs (and thus phones) at will without dealing with customer service!

Jrvtecaccord no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm switching the other way around, from Verizon to AT&T. Just switch from T-Mobile to Verizon, got the storm and I have mixed feelings with it. I just think touch screen keyboards is not for me, because other than that the phone is GREAT.

Therefore I am closing the Verizon account since I am still well within the 30 days and moving to AT&T and getting the Bold, plus my wife wants the iphone

I'm typing with the touch screen pretty well. I love this phone.