Hi everyone. I'm a long time bb user, 8100 and 8320. Sure I love my ... BlackBerry Storm forum

WiseGuy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30490E4B

LIKE NEW - Certified Replacement. Stroms 9530

Advertisement

Hi everyone.

I'm a long time bb user, 8100 and 8320. Sure I love my mack book pro and the iphone is pretty damn sweet, I've used my brothers, but I have always preffered my bb. I purchased my storm on launch day and like many others I took the time to learn how to use it and get use to its surepress system and everything else. Over time I have gotten use to it and in recent weeks have really started to like it more and more. I still think that the OS sucks compared to say 4.5, but they are getting there. .85 was good for me and .86 showed a slight improvement. Hopefully its a sign that the next official realease will finally be a good one.

I'm currently switching all of my info to the new bb, but here are a few things I already notice....

1. I did the card behind the battery door trick which was great for my Canda built storm. I didnt think of it and left it on for my new Mexico built storm and found that the screen was not clicking at all! That mean that it obviously wasnt going to need the card so I quickly removed it to free the screen and it seems to click beautifully. We'll see once I have fully running.

2. The white screen that comes up as it boots up is nowhere near as bright as my 1st Canada storm even at 100%. I'm not sure if this will bother me on white background apps so I'll comment back on this. I just want to make note of it as others have reported about this also.

3. My side convinience keys on the 1st Canada storm made a funny plastic clicking sound. The new Mexico storm has a very sweet and solid left convinience key and the right key is just very slightly squeaky.

4. I didnt notice anything wrong with the acelerometer on the official .75 OS and I will comment back after I use it for a while before upgrading to the .86 beta for comparison on a new phone.

For those of you that have switched to a 2nd Storm... can you tell me if there is anything I should look for based on what I have said? Did any of these things make you switch out for a 3rd Storm?

Thanks everyone!
    David.

PS... can a mod please fix my "stroms" spelling in the title? lol thank you!
    david

Roosta no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm on my 4th storm and am quite happy with it. Any hardware oddities were a good reason for me to ask for a new storm, particularly before the 15th of January.

My last replacement was for really big gaps around the screen. Seems like you got a good one on your hands 'cept for the squeeky convenience key.

I'm pretty sure since its past the 15th, all future replacements will have to come from asurion insurance if you got that.
    Peace...Love...Solidarity In Struggle

WiseGuy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30490E4B
    so far I am much happier with this 2nd one. only the right convenience key makes the slightest squeak. all of the other buttons including the main for are so much firmer and responsive. and so is the screen. I love its build. As for the OS.... .75 sucks so I went back to .86 and its much better. Each OS has gotten better and better. I think I will be keeping this phone. Even the screen color isnt as dull as my 1st impression. it could be cause im use to it now, but that blue haze is definitely gone.
    david