Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You like iphone and att cuz I be mad as hell!!!... BlackBerry Storm forum

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3

let's hope verizon is not getting the storm exclusively!!!!

Advertisement

You like iphone and att cuz I be mad as hell!!!

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    huh lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    well, it being a cdma phone, could be a chance of sprint or alltel getting it as well.

Dahm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by yozpalang View Post
    What does this mean...?

I highly doubt Verizon will get the Storm exclusively, seeing as they are debating whether or not to DISABLE the touchscreen ability. Therefore, I doubt Verizon will be able to buy the rights outright, due to the crippling.

I would assume RIS knows that could make a better bang for their buck by releasing the Thunder/Storm to AT&T as well, a company that wont cripple their phones.

That being said, AT&T isn't "better" because of that, BUT with their phones being "natural born" and not "crippled", the Thunder/Storm has a better chance of succeeding at a place like AT&T where it can live in breath to the full extent of its potential (minus CDMA) (aka. Touch Screen, etc.)

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Quote Originally Posted by yozpalang View Post

Good thing your not the hulk

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I think its time that tmobile gets a neato touch screen phone.

Verizon - the voyager
    Att - iphone
    Tmo - ____ ??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blakklite no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    30b742b0
    How could it even be possible to disable the touchscreen on the Thunder/Storm?? That's all there is to it! There are only, what, 4 buttons? It is *impossible* that the touchscreen would be disabled. That would be like selling a car with no steering wheel.

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I would say that VZW will probably have 60-90 exclusive rights, before other carriers avaliability. Maybe its just me, but I personally won't hold my breath waitting for it to come to Sprint. Though its very possible since it will already have a cdma radio. That (converting from gsm to cdma chipset) usally seems to be the biggest hurdle that delays us (cdma) getting new handsets.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'll be surprised if AT&T doesnt get a version of the Thunder or Storm or whatever atmospheric weather condition they call it. AT&T seems to get most of the goodies.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    As of right now, Verizon is the only one getting the thunder/storm. AT&T will get the bold, and tmo will get the javelin and kickstart

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    What it comes down to is that even if the device is exclusive for verizon at first.. 1 month, 2 months, 3 months... it wont be the same as when devices are exclusive for at&t and dont come out on verizon for more than a year. When that happens there are NO CDMA models and as such verizon users cant buy one from anywhere else, unlock them and use them.

HOWEVER that is not the case for GSM users who have a huge advantage over CDMA users and that is; even if Verizon has exclusivity (in the states), OF COURSE rim will be releasing the GSM only device in other parts of the world, and as such it will be very easy for an at&t, tmobile, rogers user to get their hands on one.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

MonkeyBizIU no está en línea Themes Pro
    Based on what I've heard and have been reading, Verizon has a lifetime exclusive on the Storm. As in, not going to AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, or anyone else, ever. However, this is tied to certain sales figures; if Verizon can't make their sales figures, they lose exclusivity.

It's supposedly a quad-band device, which could either mean quad-band GSM, or dual band CDMA and European GSM. The second is more likely.

Now, as to WHY this device is coming out for Verizon, it's simple. AT&T's 3G network is spotty, as evidenced by the iPhone 3G and the BlackBerry Bold. Simply put, it's not as good as Verizon's. Verizon TURNED DOWN the original iPhone, because they didn't want to be shackled by Apple's requirements.

Given what we know, it's likely that Verizon had already worked out the deal with RIM to get the first Touchscreen BlackBerry, and consequently didn't want to cannibalize itself with the iPhone and the Storm.

The promo images we've seen place the device at slightly thinner and slightly longer than the Curve.

So, can we please stop the idle speculation of "Oh, when is this coming to T-Mobile/Sprint/AT&T?". It's not, end of story. If you want one, you'll either have to buy it unlocked from Verizon, or switch to Verizon.

Or, if you're like me, beg and plead with anyone you can find that works for Verizon to get this the day it comes out

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Verizon might have the rights to the storm for maybe a year or two.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBizIU View Post
    Based on what I've heard and have been reading, Verizon has a lifetime exclusive on the Storm. As in, not going to AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, or anyone else, ever. However, this is tied to certain sales figures; if Verizon can't make their sales figures, they lose exclusivity.

It's supposedly a quad-band device, which could either mean quad-band GSM, or dual band CDMA and European GSM. The second is more likely.

Now, as to WHY this device is coming out for Verizon, it's simple. AT&T's 3G network is spotty, as evidenced by the iPhone 3G and the BlackBerry Bold. Simply put, it's not as good as Verizon's. Verizon TURNED DOWN the original iPhone, because they didn't want to be shackled by Apple's requirements.

Given what we know, it's likely that Verizon had already worked out the deal with RIM to get the first Touchscreen BlackBerry, and consequently didn't want to cannibalize itself with the iPhone and the Storm.

The promo images we've seen place the device at slightly thinner and slightly longer than the Curve.

So, can we please stop the idle speculation of "Oh, when is this coming to T-Mobile/Sprint/AT&T?". It's not, end of story. If you want one, you'll either have to buy it unlocked from Verizon, or switch to Verizon.

Or, if you're like me, beg and plead with anyone you can find that works for Verizon to get this the day it comes out
    First off, show me one Official announcement that it's a lifetime exclusive. You can't. Nobody knows how long the exclusive is for. Also keep in mind that we're speaking of the 9530 and not the 9500. So you have no clue as to weather or not it could go to any US GSM carrier. Regardless, it's going to Rogers, so we can use it on Tmo and AT&T.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBizIU View Post

Even IF, everything else you said is correct, your last point is NOT.

OBVIOUSLY ANYONE WHO THINKS RIM WOULD MAKE A DEVICE ONLY FOR 1 CARRIER needs to wake up.
    You wont be able to get one for Sprint, but obviously a GSM only model will be released outside the states where Verizon is nothing, therefore people on at&t and tmobile WILL be able to get their hands on an unlocked one. Just as so many people are doing now with the BOLD.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast