I used the "Leaked" version of 5.0 OS for about 2 weeks. Everything was working ... BlackBerry Storm forum

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3

Leaked 5.0 to Official 5.0

Advertisement

I used the "Leaked" version of 5.0 OS for about 2 weeks. Everything was working great/fast. I could take a picture & email it to a contact faster than just sending a normal non-attachment email. My browser seemed much faster as well. My phone was in "3G" mode 90% of the time as well.

Then the "Official" 5.0 came available...I plugged up & d/l it thinking that having the Official Verizon 5.0 would be better. Ever since (about 4 days now), my phone is only receiving "1XEV", my emails with & w/o attachments are taking longer to send, & my browser seems to be lagging like it did in 4.7.

Anyone else noticed this & would it be worth reverting back to the "Leaked" 5.0 OS?

abelheira no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40294f88
    Man,

It's never been advisable to install non-oficial, leaked versions of BB software.

I think you may want to follow a few steps:
    Remove ur bb battery
    Plug in ur usb cable
    Start DM
    Click the update software link
    Follow the procedures
    Insert battery when prompted

This will recover ur device software. After that, u may update it to the latest version.

Mind you are going to lose ALL data stored in ur device memory so back it up b4 the whole process.

I understand what you are saying...my whole point of the thread was to see if anyone else received "3G" prior to the 5.0 upgrade & if you've upgraded, are you still receiving "3G"?

Thanks again abel, for the installation instructions - maybe they will come in handy to someone that doesn't know this already.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    What OS build are you running? They removed the 3G symbol for Storm 1 in the .323 build, as well as the official .328. You're still getting a 3G signal, just not seeing the 3G symbol.

As for why your browser is lagging, I'm not sure. When I put .328 on my Storm one, it didn't slow it down at all.

Thanks for the info Moto. I am running the .328 build. Maybe its all a mind game not seeing the 3G symbol, but browser & emails are much slower than they were last week...going to do a complete wipe & fresh install to see if that changes anything.

Bigv69er no está en línea Stack level 3
    THE official storm software messed up my cell

i lost all my info

could not connect to my comp through usb

ran super slow..

textin wsa horrible.. waaay slow

paperecho no está en línea Stack level 1
    WOW. It amazes me that there is still a question about 1XEV or 3G. 1XEV is 3G. The only diff was the graphic. Because it was beta and it didn't have verizons graphics in the OS yet.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Will a 5.0 os release be coming out for the people using unlocked storms on the gsm networks?