Whats up all..? i have a little problem which might not even be fixable, but ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Badussy no está en línea Stack level 1

Landscape to Portrait Help

Advertisement

Whats up all..? i have a little problem which might not even be fixable, but i figured if anyone could help, it would be the stackers. I have a Verizon Storm 9350 O.S. 4.7.0.132. with 41.4 mb of free memory. Is there ANY way to speed up the rotation of the screen from portrait to landscape. sometimes its instantaneous, and sometimes it takes a good 20 seconds of me flipping the phone around. Is this a bug tha cant be fixed, or is there something i can do.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    how many programs do you have running in the background?
    i see RED...

From what i can tell none. When i hold down the BB button it brings up to switch apps, but even after closing the app, they still show up. So i do not think anything is running. My Log is also cleared and hidden to help with speeds as well..

PIN/ID
    ask me
    could you give me an example of some of the apps that still show up?

usually its the browser, the phone, messages, and homescreen that will always run...
    i see RED...

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    unfortunatelly there is no way to speed up the rotation, is an os related issue, the acelerometer is not that responsive at all times, it deppedns on the task you are performing when rotating the phone, ie goes better from portrait to landscape when browsing the internet than when on app scn
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

PIN/ID
    ask me
    really? and that hasnt been resolved yet?
    i see RED...

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i have not heard of any problems with the rotation with 132...seems to be doing well for most folks.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jrungre no está en línea Stack level 1

disable accelerometer

Personally, I use the phone in portrait mode about 95% of the time. Because of this, I find it highly annoying when the phone orientates itself to landscape when I don't want it to (and then having to wait for it to figure out that I actually want portrait). I would pay a premium for an app that gave the option to disable the accelerometer globally. Better yet, how about if we could lock the phone in either portrait or landscape, and then be able to set a convenience key to rotate the screen manually? I would love that.

i would pay for that app to lock it and change it buy key.. thatsa brilliant idea.. and in my background it is only the home screen, browser, and bb messenger.. just the basics

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by jrungre View Post
    Personally, I use the phone in portrait mode about 95% of the time. Because of this, I find it highly annoying when the phone orientates itself to landscape when I don't want it to (and then having to wait for it to figure out that I actually want portrait). I would pay a premium for an app that gave the option to disable the accelerometer globally. Better yet, how about if we could lock the phone in either portrait or landscape, and then be able to set a convenience key to rotate the screen manually? I would love that.
    That's a good idea but the problem is the view is set by default in some screens ie call scn... Is always in portrait mode..
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    In all my travels around the boards I've never found anything a user can do to improve rotation response. I'm running .141 after running .132 for a week, for ME .132 had terrible rotation lag. YMMV, but it sounds like same for you and perhaps .141 would help you.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

awesome guys, i knew i would get the answers i needed. gonna try .141 tonight

PIN/ID
    ask me
    ^^^ good luck man... let us know how it goes...
    i see RED...