For the last few days when I tether my Storm to my PC it has ... BlackBerry Storm forum

jkelley1985 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3069F957

Kaspersky detects trojan when tethering Storm to PC!!! HELP!!!

Advertisement

For the last few days when I tether my Storm to my PC it has been automatically popping up Kaspersky to run a diagnostic on the newly connected drive that it detects. This is not a problem, but what is a problem is that for the last two days it has detected a trojan program on my Storm and once i click delete all of a sudden I cannot open any programs on my PC and after a few minutes my PC reboots itself then works perfectly fine!!! Does anyone have any ideas or have this ever happen to them? I am not really sure if it is a Storm problem or a PC problem or even a Kaspersky problem. Anyone with a lot of PC and antivirus software knowledge and even Storm knowledge please help!!! Thanks in advance for any posts.
    Josh K. - 3069F957

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Wow sounds kind of ugly. Ill be waiting to see what you find out. Somebody will be along directly that should be able to answer this.

PIN/ID
    3069F957
    Hopefully soon because I am waiting for some kinda of ideas as to what is happening. I am afraid to even try and connect my Storm to my PC for now!
    Josh K. - 3069F957

BoldMDP no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A6F01C
    So wait, is the virus itself picked up on the Device Memory or your SD Card?
    Usually you can see the directory that it picks it up before you go ahead and do an action. (Such as delete).
    It shouldnt cause your computer to blue screen. Try checking the Application/System logs in Computer Management (Right Click My Computer -> Manage -> Event Log) for any hints.
    Look for any errors that may be unusual and recent.
    It may not sound like the best idea, but you try disabling it when your in tether go go mode.
    If you want to get extremely crazy about it, use another computer as a test.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    You may want to down load a small program called Kisses that detects spyware and viruses on a BB.

Information here> http://onlyblackberry.mobihand.com/p...43892&n=Kisses

Download to your BB here> http://www.mobireach.com/upload/892/43892/Kisses.jad
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

PIN/ID
    3069F957
    thanxs gonna try a few things and download that app and see if it works. i have been disabling it as soon as i tether and the dialogue box come up i close it so the scan doesnt happen and havent had any issues. it doesnt technically cause a blue screen it just starts saying any app i open is not correct for my version of windows (windows 7 64 bit) but i know that everything i download is windows 7 compatible i double check before i download things. its just weird all the way around. but yeah it does that where everything is "incompatible" then after a few minutes my computer reboots itself as if i had hit reboot myself.
    Josh K. - 3069F957

PIN/ID
    3069F957
    Just thought I would fill you guys in; the problem I was having has been fixed!!! Not exactly sure what was causing the problem still, but today i backed up everything on my storm and did a format of my media card as well as upgraded my OS to .419 and viola, problem is gone. Kaspersky doesn't even attempt to scan my Storm anymore and havent had a single problem. I actually have a better and faster performing device than it has ever been!!! This is actually the first time ever that I have been able to install high quality themes and no be lagged into a comma. I have tons more memory than i thought possible as well! I am so very pleased with this OS!
    Josh K. - 3069F957