The device displays Japanese out of the box, but I'm wondering if we can get ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Adamallica no está en línea Stack level 1

Japanese input?

Advertisement

The device displays Japanese out of the box, but I'm wondering if we can get it to install the Japanese input files from the 9000...

RIM has finally enabled Japanese input, but as of yet, it's only available on the Bold. Would it be possible to install just the language input support files into the 9530?

I hope there's a way to do it, but since it is a "world" phone and does work in Japan, hopefully RIM will update it with full Japanese support....sure would be nice!

Adamallica no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just installed the 4.7.0.83 OS, and noticed that there is an option for Japanese romaji input now....the only problem is, I made sure the box was checked, and still no input. Now that the OS is installed, is there anyway I can get to the apploader that shows all the language inputs and options? When I click on add/remove programs, there are no options for languages or anything else that ships with the OS....
    Last edited by Adamallica; 12-21-2008 at 04:31 PM.