I'm just curious and I apologize if this has beed covered but I read online ... BlackBerry Storm forum

6s1d9 no está en línea Stack level 2

Is there an Antivirus for BB's?

Advertisement

I'm just curious and I apologize if this has beed covered but I read online that Blackberrys can't really get a virus and was curious if anyone had knowledge of a working AV?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    It's a myth that BB's can't get viruses. Just like any other computer with highly sensitive information, they're vulnerable to attacks. The most common method of getting into a BB is via a PDF attachment in an email. Be wary of attachments from unknown senders.

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    I think BB's are a virus themselves. LOL I know my BB is! Once I got the bug it was hard to get rid of.
    MrS.OfFiCeR

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by boxaberry View Post
    It's a myth that BB's can't get viruses. Just like any other computer with highly sensitive information, they're vulnerable to attacks. The most common method of getting into a BB is via a PDF attachment in an email. Be wary of attachments from unknown senders.
    Those are actually attacks against the BIS/BES server infrastructure, not against the devices themselves.

There are no BlackBerry device viruses. For that to happen, there would need to be an exploitable vulnerability in the JVM on the devices, and you'd think someone would find one if it existed in the last 10 years.

It is possible to write an application that does something malicious (i.e. a tetris game that secretly sends your GPS coordinates to the "high-score server"), but you'd still be able to kill the VM process by closing the program, and you'll still be able to delete the program from your device.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    No, and no need.
    See this article from BlackBerry Cool:
    http://www.blackberrycool.com/2009/0...th-no-success/
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Doubt waste your time or worse yet your money.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~