Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I have had it for about 40 days and here';s what I noticed - ... BlackBerry Storm forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Is my Storm on it's last legs?

Advertisement

So I have had it for about 40 days and here';s what I noticed - every so often (I am on .75 btw), when switching from one app to the next, or switching screen, the entire screen becomes wildly pixelated - all different tiny colors - that's the best I can explain it...any ideas or similar insances? couldanything cause this?

db4life777 no está en línea Stack level 1
    It definitely sounds defective. Since your are out of your 30 day return period, check with Blackberry. There has to be some sort of 1 year warranty or something. Personally, I'm on my second storm. It took my first one back to best buy after it started getting dust under the screen. Best of luck!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I am thinking it is the OS and not really the phone?????

It may be a 3rd party app - here's what I have installed:

weatherbug
    ascendo data vault (for os 4.7)
    NYT mobile
    soft reset
    pinstack launcher

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try either wiping your device or upgrading your OS, don't think it has anything to do with third party apps
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    So I have had it for about 40 days and here';s what I noticed - every so often (I am on .75 btw), when switching from one app to the next, or switching screen, the entire screen becomes wildly pixelated - all different tiny colors - that's the best I can explain it...any ideas or similar insances? couldanything cause this?
    I know exactly what it is you're talking about... At the most random times but very far between - I see what you see. You aren't crazy my friend... It has been a while since I've seen one - and I honestly don't know what the cause of it is. I thought I was alone.. :-\

I've had my Storm since the 22nd of this month, and have seen that screen maybe 2-4times... The visual description matches yours greatly. It covers the entire screen with hundreds of colored pixels in a random fashion..
    Last edited by boxaberry; 12-31-2008 at 02:03 AM.

Thanks boxaberry - that's exactly it - 2-4 tops. how do I wipe the handheld and start from scratch? what OS are u running?

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    .85 and read the response in your wiping thread we replied to~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I too have experienced this. I to be honest am not really worried about it. I think its just another issue with the OS. Many things need to be fixed. Just add this to it.
    Don't stress too much. In time all these crazy frustrating wrinkles will be ironed out.
    Regards cHAd. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Is 85 a official release yet? Have you noticed a lot of improvements? Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

not official and I didnt see much difference.

laxmetal23 no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    30B63ACF
    I have had the same screen randomly and i have had my storm since release day. It kinda looks like white noise on the tv for like 5 seconds and then goes away. I think its jus tthe storm being laggy. Another thing you have until like january 15th with verizon to return the phone. they changed there policy for the holiday season that if you bought a phone between like nov.15th and december 25th you have up until january 15th to return the device.
    Matt Urenovich
    E-Mail:MUrenovich@vzw.blackberry.net
    Pin:3048D85A
    Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm 9530

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    mine did that too like 2 or three times ... i thought it had to do with putting it in the holster and the magnetic field .. but it didn't bother me. it went away.
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    It may be a 3rd party app - here's what I have installed:

weatherbug
    ascendo data vault (for os 4.7)
    NYT mobile
    soft reset
    pinstack launcher
    If the NYT is FreeRange, that may be the prob. They've been hanging up backups...

does anyone think i should return it? no other real issues...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast