Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I wonder, if you pay 5.99 x 24 months its 143 something dollars plus 50 ... BlackBerry Storm forum

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Question Is the Storm worth getting insured?

Advertisement

I wonder, if you pay 5.99 x 24 months its 143 something dollars plus 50 dollar deductible.. On top of that you get a refurbished phone.. Is it worth spending 6 dollars every month if you are very cautious about your phone?

Please tell me your input guys.
    Last edited by xtasyboi_00; 03-29-2009 at 11:03 PM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    IMO, Insurance is a very good idea on any device that cost as much as our BlackBerrys do. You will get a refurb for about $193 bucks whereas unless it craps out near the end of the contract you will pay full price for a new one. You could maybe find a replacement on ebay or CL but there are no guarantee they will be new or any good. So YES insurance is WORTH it.

PIN/ID
    PM
    Yeah you are right, I probably would keep my insurance for about a year I guess or something, Since the Storm might be a little cheaper by that time.

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    If not then i would recommend putting that 4.99 every month aside in an account you wouldnt touch it just incase you need it to replace your phone.. but at this rate you would need to save that and hope nothing happens to the Device for other 2 years to save more than the having the insurance plan from the start would...... the storm cost 499 dollards new think about it

PIN/ID
    PM
    Yeah, i guess I am keeping the insurance.. 6 every month is not too bad, dry cleaning is even more expensive LOL. Anyway, thanks for the input.

zyiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302A0AFF
    if you dont have insurance the replacement cost of a Storm through verizon will set you back 499.99 + tax + shipping .... so the 6 bucks a month and the 50 dollar decuctible is a much better trade off.

and having a refurb unit does not really matter to me since it still comes with the same warranty as a new unit.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've never bought insurance for this phone or any my phones because it's not worth the monthly cost. For me, it's just another way to get more money from me for "the possibility" of something happening. Too many months go by that I don't do something harmful to my phone and a very, very slim posssibility that I might.

But, if someone is accident prone, then maybe it's a good idea.

flyerno9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304F193C
    Say I loose my Storm and they replace it. Could whoever found my lost Storm activate it?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerno9 View Post
    Say I loose my Storm and they replace it. Could whoever found my lost Storm activate it?
    If you report it lost or stolen and turn in a claim on it as far as I am aware no.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    I don't have the storm myself,but I learned real quick how unpredictable a phone crash or breakage can be.So I have the insurance and now I can breath a bit easier.Besides. Even if you get the returned or refurbush BlackBerry,how do you know it won't crash, get wet or something two days after you bring it home.Then you've lost Two expensive phones with nothing left to buy the next replacement with.Just my opinion.

PIN/ID
    PM
    Yeah its worth it, i have some love on this thread as I dropped my storm just couple of minutes ago hahahahaa. great job night stand for throwing my phone off onto the carpet

jakaro no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was told by a vzw rep that a woman bought a phone and a week later she dropped it in the snow. So she had to pay full price cus she didn't have insurance. After she got her new one she dropped it walking to her car and it broke. I didn't insure my curve. The storm I do.

oakraider99 no está en línea Stack level 1
    its a touch screen it would be very wise to insure it

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    definitely get the insurance
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7