Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does the Storm touchscreen seem more like a push screen? It sucks compared to the ... BlackBerry Storm forum

yankeed1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    215DEF87

Is it just me or?...

Advertisement

Does the Storm touchscreen seem more like a push screen? It sucks compared to the iphone, not that I'm saying the iphone is better. But it's rather annoying. They should have put more work into it.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Your late, we all know this and it's way better then the iPhone! Push screen is a great idea and I really like it.

How is the push screen annoying?
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    What do you even mean by 'push' screen?
    T-Mobile Pearl 8100>T-Mobile Curve 8320>T-Mobile Curve 8900>T-Mobile Bold 8900

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzleman716 View Post
    What do you even mean by 'push' screen?
    the whole screen is actually one button....it pushes in like a button
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    It kinda give you the feeling of pushing buttons, rather than touching a screen. I like the idea myself.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Thats where I disagree Catside. Other touchscreen phones feel like one button that you slide your finger on to access different areas. The BB somewhat feels like when you press the Q on the screen you're actually pressing the Q key.

tstrike no está en línea Stack level 3
    I like the touch/push mechanism... feels like I have complete control of the device... Its quirky at first but once you get used to it, feels pretty good.

romy101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The first 3 minutes cancelled the excitement for me as the whole screen is a floating button with sensors so the phone knows where your finger is / was. The fact that there is also a gap all around the screen means the second I take it to the beach or anywhere dust can collect I will have a nice river of dirt all around the edges of the screen in the gully. If this is the way they had to do it then I for one do not like the push the whole screen down feeling as I had to push too hard even. Maybe version two will be better?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by romy101 View Post
    The first 3 minutes cancelled the excitement for me as the whole screen is a floating button with sensors so the phone knows where your finger is / was. The fact that there is also a gap all around the screen means the second I take it to the beach or anywhere dust can collect I will have a nice river of dirt all around the edges of the screen in the gully. So back to the single button thing. If they had somehow made it a solid screen like the iphone and somehow allowed each clickable square on the screen feel like a button then each area would have individual click feel. This is not the case and if this is the way they had to do it then I for one do not like the push the whole screen down feeling. I had to push too hard even. Maybe version two will be better?
    you got a bad unit. the rest of em are great!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Noah.D no está en línea Stack level 2
    I like the screen a lot so far. It was pretty hard at first for me to get used to and it definitely took some time. The only downfall for me about the screen is i type very fast and a lot of the time when i am pressing one key the screen will not be popping back up yet when I am hitting the next key so it does not enter the next key I want to type. That only happens when I am typing really fast though. You have to develop a certain feel for it if you want to type fast you have to actually lift your fingers up quickly after you type in a key. It just takes some time that's all.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Noah---go into options>screen/keyboard> and change the tap setting from 500 to 100...it allows for a quicker register of faster pushing...makes it alot easier. I can easily bang out a several hundred word email on a curve and it was initially really hard on the Storm, but since I made that changing I can type rather fast on it now.

My hubby likes this much better than his iphone...now when he goes to the iphone he gets mad because there is no real recognition that he has "tapped/touched" a button...the storm gives you that recognition...and there is no more accidental touching of something when just holding the phone...with the iphone I was alwasy accidentally starting a program or calling someone just by lightly touching the phone.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Noah.D no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Noah---go into options>screen/keyboard> and change the tap setting from 500 to 100...it allows for a quicker register of faster pushing...makes it alot easier. I can easily bang out a several hundred word email on a curve and it was initially really hard on the Storm, but since I made that changing I can type rather fast on it now.

My hubby likes this much better than his iphone...now when he goes to the iphone he gets mad because there is no real recognition that he has "tapped/touched" a button...the storm gives you that recognition...and there is no more accidental touching of something when just holding the phone...with the iphone I was alwasy accidentally starting a program or calling someone just by lightly touching the phone.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    Your late, we all know this and it's way better then the iPhone! Push screen is a great idea and I really like it.

How is the push screen annoying?
    Ha. I have to agree you are late.

But that aside I have to disagree with it being annoying. Pushing the screen seemed very natural. I mean when you type a message on your phone do you just think to yourself "gosh I'm going to have to push all those buttons"? Probably not. I think its just a different experience since technically its the same button you have to press.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Man you guys are lucky that you can play with a BB storm... How is it on typing? Is it fast? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hudss no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    304B3C55
    I like it. It kind of reminds me of the old Atari computers with the flat keyboards (if anyone is old enough to remember).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast