Anyone tried it on their Storm yet. I'm waiting for mind on ordered. The screen ... BlackBerry Storm forum

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3

InvisibleShield

Advertisement

Anyone tried it on their Storm yet. I'm waiting for mind on ordered. The screen protector that came with the phone is already showing signs of scratches. Is the InvisibleShield scratch resistent?

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    I am gonna put my invisible shield on tomorrow will post my experience/reactions ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

munchkinsdad no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    304957E1
    I have had it for 3 weeks now...I like it
    I dropped it on concrete 3 times now and not a dent or a scratch. Could be I was just lucky though, not getting dents.

Make sure you are in a dust free environment when you install it, otherwise dust particles will get underneath the shield. I had 3 get in but over time the spots went away, thank goodness.

It feels good in the hands...doesnt slip as easy.

The only thing I didnt like was that there were no pieces to protect the 4 corners of the phone. I always seem to bang the corners up on my phones.
    So if you want to use the extra material and cut it to fit...may be a good idea.

When applying the shield to your phone, keep your fingers away from the sticky side as much as possible! If you use the right amount of solution the installation will go smoothly.

I had experience with window tinting so it was easy for me.

Anyway, my $.02

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    works great. Screen is actually less oily now and works perfectly well. Not quite as slick to the touch but you get used to it and it works well. I also wish I had the full body protection instead of just the screen. I agree with Munchkinsdad there

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got the Invisible Shield on y At&t fuze and boy was it tricky to put on... and munchkin is right MAKE SURE you use enouph solution on the sticky side because if not, the damn thing will be a pain in the arsh to put on

mondouxd no está en línea Stack level 1
    A trick I used was to put a little table in the bathroom and run a very hot shower for a few minutes to steam up the room. If you use enough solution during install, then you can touch the sticky side as much as you want with no problems. Try not to swipe your fingers across the corners of the film too much though, because you can wipe away some of the adhesive. These things are great, but be prepared for it to turn yellow a little as time goes on. Good luck stratching it too, it's pretty durable. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mondouxd no está en línea Stack level 1
    Err, scratching. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    My advice: get more than one if you haven't put a few of these on before. That way the first one can be like a practice run. You'll probably mess something up and not like the result, then you can use the other shield with confidence. I think they're only about $8 apiece and cases are way more than that.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

clayatx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so no one has mentioned the far easier way of installing the invisible shield. Get a standard cereal bowl and fill 3/4ths cool water and just a dime size drop of liquid dishwash soap. Dilute in the water. Peel invisible shield pieces under the water and make sure no finger prints are there from the peeling. Now slide the pieces around each part until it has clung to the spot you need it. At the same time squeegee the excess water from in the cut out. You may need to lightly hold down the edges that overlap. This is easier, and is the original way of applying before the started including the spray.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Im one of those who wonder about the spray and the openings on the side of the screen ...
    I had it on my Bold, loved it but im curious about how the edges of the screen react to the water, do they let it go through ?

clayatx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~very small amount of water. Let the device sit for 24 hours to dry and completely cure. The amount of water that does get in will not effect your storm. Its not enough

Fr3aKiNsToRm no está en línea Stack level 1
    i got the invisibleshield about a week ago. It works great, it adds grip and making my device scratch proof

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    My advice: get more than one if you haven't put a few of these on before. That way the first one can be like a practice run. You'll probably mess something up and not like the result, then you can use the other shield with confidence. I think they're only about $8 apiece and cases are way more than that.
    Hi

Any of you learned folks know whether you can remove and reapply the Shield after say 24 hours of applying it? I put mine on last night and then when I turned my Storm back on today I saw a dirty great thumbprint at the side of the screen, and I know it's going to bug me....

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    You can't reapply.

I got one when I first got my Storm back on the very first week it was out, but I just recently decided I was better off without it. I just didn't like the look of it (particularly the back piece since I really like the cool metal back cover) and since the "screen scratch test" proved the plain screen is quite durable I'm not going to worry about it.

00chill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31013E74
    I tried it, but during my adventure I ended up pulling the factory shield off and believe it or not, smudges and finger prints just wipe right off, I haven't had any scratches yet, it looks brand new, just wipe and go. However I do suggest getting a case to avoid brushing up against things.
    CHILL