Any help on this? Anyone else have this happen to them? I dont know why ... BlackBerry Storm forum

kdkng no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3049A487

So I installed the new .75, then ran the app loader and it did not find it.

Advertisement

Any help on this? Anyone else have this happen to them? I dont know why its doing this.
    -Sean

[FONT=Consolas]"If there is no struggle there is no progress..."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas]Frederick Douglass, 1857[/FONT]

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you delete the vendor xml? if you did and it still won't recognize, then:

Try this, without your BB connected, open the DM, click on "check for updates", then click the little icon in the top right corner. Clear the checkbox that says check for updates automatically then click OK. Then close the DM, hook up your BB and open the DM again and see it it will recognize the update.

I remember reading something about having check for udates checked causes issues(causes something with the vendor xml and not recognizing updates) but don't remember where I read it or if I told you the instructions exactly right(it may require that you delete the DM then reinstall without the check for updates option checked). Let me know if this helps, and if not I will try to find the post I read so i can link it for you.......it was here on PinStack somewhere.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    3049A487
    yeah i actually had to remove the vendor.xml file for it to find it... everyone kept saying to keep it but now its install woooo

only took me 3 hours to figure it out lol...
    -Sean

[FONT=Consolas] [/FONT]

vsp1140 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Did you delete the vendor xml? if you did and it still won't recognize, then:

Try this, without your BB connected, open the DM, click on "check for updates", then click the little icon in the top right corner. Clear the checkbox that says check for updates automatically then click OK. Then close the DM, hook up your BB and open the DM again and see it it will recognize the update.

I remember reading something about having check for udates checked causes issues(causes something with the vendor xml and not recognizing updates) but don't remember where I read it or if I told you the instructions exactly right(it may require that you delete the DM then reinstall without the check for updates option checked). Let me know if this helps, and if not I will try to find the post I read so i can link it for you.......it was here on PinStack somewhere.
    Just to let you know.. You dont have to delete the VENDER file. This is a verizon update and unless you are using a unlocked storm on another network then you just do a simple install. Just wanted to pass this along.

PIN/ID
    3049A487
    Yeah I know. I followed instructions exactly, and it didint work, so I deleted the vendor file and it worked for me... i'll find out if it really installed .75 soon or if its just reinstalling .65
    -Sean

[FONT=Consolas] [/FONT]

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    OK glad you got it, almost always need to delete the vendor xml before you install an upgrade unless it's the official upgrade from your carrier(and sometimes even if it is from your carrier, that happened on my last upgrade for my son's pearl, official OS but wasnt recognized till the vendor xml was gone)
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    3049A487
    yeah, the install guide I read said do not delete it. Everyone that was having a problem said their fix was to restore the vendor file ... but for some reason it was opposite for me.. as I said once this install finishes ill find out if it installed the right thing anyways...
    -Sean

[FONT=Consolas] [/FONT]

vsp1140 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well that would certainly cause it not to recognize it. Good luck! I love the new update.

PIN/ID
    3049A487
    yup i have 4.7.0.75 now... really weird
    -Sean

[FONT=Consolas] [/FONT]