Hi! I'm fairly new and don't do much posting though I really enjoy PinStack and ... BlackBerry Storm forum

ShellyMiddleton no está en línea Stack level 2

In Need of Syncing Help with Mac…

Advertisement

Hi! I'm fairly new and don't do much posting though I really enjoy PinStack and listening to the PinStack podcast.

I have a question about syncing my BB Storm 9530. I am using OS 4.7.0.148. I have a Mac (OS X 10.5.7) and am using The Missing Sync for Blackberry 2.0.2. I sit across from a PC that I can sometimes sync with and I have Blackberry Desktop 5.0 on that.

My problem is that I have my calendar and Task entries in iCal, which is my main calendar on my Mac. I deleted my calendar entries on my Blackberry Storm using the Blackberry Desktop on the PC, then I set the Missing Sync on my Mac to overwrite my Calendars and Tasks on my Blackberry with the next sync. Instead I get the error messages listed below. I have re-started both my phone and my computer, I even went as far as reinstalling the Missing Sync on both my Mac and my Storm and get the same problem. If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here are the error messages:

BlackBerry OS bug: Devices running OS 4.6.x cannot handle yearly repeating events with explicit absolute dates in January. Try recreating the event in iCal.
    Epiphany Eve - 20040105000000+0000 was not written to the device.
    NSInvalidArgumentException: *** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value (key: last recurrence)
    An error occurred while updating the device.
    Plugin Calendar did not complete.
    Plugin Tasks starting
    Plugin Tasks success
    Synchronization cancelled due to error. You may need to restart The Missing Sync on the device if problems persist.

Thanks again,
    Shelly

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm not sure about that error message but since it's been 10 hours and no other tips popped up I thought I would offer a little hope.
    RIM is releasing a Mac DM soon (forget the date) but it's not long off. I would get that when it's available.
    For now have you tried PocketMac? That may work but I will say when I used it in my experience it was hit and miss.

Here is a link that may also offer solutions.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f56/

stewea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    headed
    Do you have a recurring event in January in iCal?

Thanks both srl7741 and stewea for answering. I do have recurring events in January as I also do in other months. I don't understand why the error pops up, especially since it describes an error with 4.6.xx and I'm using 4.7.xx. What I did during those 10 hours was a restore from the PC side. Since I had to restore the entire device and not just the calendar, a few things were lost that I had on the device since my last backup on the PC.

I have tried PocketMac and you're right. It's hit or miss. I've heard about that new Mac DM coming out and can't wait. It's been looong needed. I would like to now overwrite what's on my Mac with the Calendar info I restored to my Storm (messed up some of the Mac's calendar entries where there are now double). Missing Sync does not seem to provide a way to do this. I might have to uninstall Missing Sync and go back to PocketMac to see if it does.

Thanks again to both of you for answering. Again, I really enjoy Pinstack! :-)

PIN/ID
    headed

Overwriting desktop data-Missing Sync

Shelley,

You CAN overwrite the iCal data using Missing Sync. I have not tried it, but the instructions are below. Note that MarkSpace does NOT recommend this, and gives an explanation as to why here (it's based on Palm's old desktop software, but the basics remain):

https://support.markspace.com/index....barticleid=234

Just so you know.

The instructions to have the Storm overwrite the desktop data is here:

https://support.markspace.com/index....kbarticleid=43

Follow the instructions to a "T". Step 1 (backup your Address Book and iCal data is critical so you don't loose everything). Hope it all works out for you! Not sure why the error is reported as a 4.6.xx issue, unless it's because 4.7 (Storm OS) has the same "guts", but a bit different "cover". I'm not a BB software guy by any stretch.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve! I will give this a try.

Shelly

PIN/ID
    headed
    Good luck! And BACK UP your data first! Would hate to loose everything if something borks.