I tried the paper trick and never got comfortable with it, and after careful inspection ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5

Thumbs up improve screen clicking w/o paper, etc

Advertisement

I tried the paper trick and never got comfortable with it, and after careful inspection I noticed something. My battery door was loose. When I pushed down on the door it had "give". Not from the paper trick (99% sure). Its from normal removal / replacement of battery door and I believe from pressing the screen too hard (this should get better once we get comfortable with our phones), somehow it got bent. Right near the clips to release the door were bent. Also near the middle was bent slightly. Anyway all I did was try to straighten the batt. door as carefully as I could. It worked! My screen clicking is back to normal. No paper, no loose screws. Just the 9530 in its original state. Hopefully this helps someone. At the very least look at the battery door first . It may work for you too.
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-01-2009 at 11:04 AM.
    Man In Black(berry)

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    maybe its just me, but my bold battery back door is a bit loose too. its annoying because it was tight and solid when i first bought it, and now it "gives" side to side.ive removed and replaced it alot since this is my first week having it, and adding apps, updating OS etc etc all work better after a battery pull. ill try to check the tabs too

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    I believe from pressing the screen too hard
    i really hope no one is pressing the screen hard enough to bend the back door.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah because i think youd crack the screen before you bend the back door lol

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Lol its not U shaped. I believe when trying to press corners we push too hard. The bend in the door wasn't noticeable unless you pushed on the door. I noticed when I pressed tight on the battery door the screen clicked better so I checked it out.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Lol its not U shaped. I believe when trying to press corners we push too hard. The bend in the door wasn't noticeable unless you pushed on the door. I noticed when I pressed tight on the battery door the screen clicked better so I checked it out.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ahh gotcha. good stuff

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    At any rate check the door first it may help. If not. Paper or plastic?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    wut?
    At any rate check the door first it may help. If not. Paper or plastic?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    paper... bama schedule(12-0) works best

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Or plastic=visa. As this may make things worse over time u might need to buy a new bb. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Or plastic=visa. As this may make things worse over time u might need to buy a new bb. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    but really...how could a piece of paper be worse that altering the shape of the battery cover? both are just putting a little more pressure on the back of the screen.

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I never altered it. Where the cover touches the phone on either side there was space. Extremely small but space none the less. I just straightened/ flattened the door. No play whatsoever now. The cover is flat and snug. The way it came from vzw.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Can't delete this post. Made a mistake and double posted. Please delete ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-01-2009 at 03:04 PM.