i'm using an unlocked 9530. I have a Samsung SBH500 Bluetooth Stereo Headset and have ... BlackBerry Storm forum

hemingway00 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    239C1B60

I'm unable to pair headset with phone

Advertisement

i'm using an unlocked 9530. I have a Samsung SBH500 Bluetooth Stereo Headset and have been unable to pair it with my phone. Help!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Perhaps a little more info as to what steps have you taken already will aid one in helping you with this issue.

PIN/ID
    239C1B60
    I tried to search and to listen. I made sure it's discoverable. Under bluetooth options, security level is on high. Under bluetooth options, all services are selected (headset, handsfree, serial port profile, dial-up networking, audio source, a/v remote control target). i don't know what else to look at.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    One of the little tricks is to let the BB find it. PUT your headset into find mode (press and hold until 2nd beep) and from BB Bluetooth setup do a search. Once the BB finds it it will identify it. Fill in password (usually 0000) and before connecting confirm its a trustworthy connection and tick the box not to ask again. This should do it. And connect...

PIN/ID
    239C1B60
    yeah, i've done that about ten times. forgot to say that. maybe I have a defective headset.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Sometimes that may be. Or else your headset had too many different connections and it could be saturated. I think the way to do this is to reset your headset, and if I remember, to do this, you should hold the switch on button for a long period and a series of beeps to reset it. Pls try and let us know... once you do this then try to connect again. Do you have the Samsung instruction book ? If you do look for the way to reset it. I´ll try to look on the web for this.

PIN/ID
    239C1B60
    The headset is brand new. I bought it about three weeks ago and just broke the seal on the box yesterday. the on/off is not a button but a switch that slides. The instruction book didnt mention anything about resetting it and i went to the samsung website but it was no help. of course i could have been searching for the wrong thing.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    you right - the instructions pdf doesn´t mention anything. Can you try it with another phone? That way you can see if it´s a faulty headset.

PIN/ID
    239C1B60
    Yes. I'll do that when i get home. Thank you for your help.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ok, I´ll keep an eye out for this post. sorry I couldn´t be more helpful !

PIN/ID
    239C1B60
    Well i've got it paired now. took it to the vzn store after it didn't pair with another phone and the gentleman who helped me finally figured out how to get it in pairing mode and its working. He was as confused as I was at first. So this thread can be closed. Thanks for your help.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Glad that you got it fixed. Good luck!