Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I gave it a go. 30 full days. 2 phones (one had to be replaced ... BlackBerry Storm forum

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3

I tried. reall did. Verizon+Storm= crud

Advertisement

I gave it a go. 30 full days. 2 phones (one had to be replaced 5 days in!!!). Still clocks all the time. Still requires battery pulls daily. Pictures still come out grainy. Video still freezes. No app store I'm told for "months, at best"

went to the Verizon store today. I was actually told by a rep I was causing all the problems because I kept 174 emails on my phone. Unbelievable. I said to her.. "you market this phone to professionals, and it can't hold 174 text emails?????" She told me that they have seen no returns. BULL S***

SERIOUSLY? Now, I know she's full of it. But thats the kind of people they have working there. Not one rep there even could recommend a new phone to try. One said "the only decent phones we have are blackberries". Wow. A rep admitting their phones stink. Sweet.

Fortunately for me, TMO took me back with open arms, and today I have been liberated from locked down Verizon and phones that work like crap.

I understand pro's that travel and are forced to have Verizon. How anyone can be in a market that is served by other providers and still choose this sad company I feel sorry for.

done with my rant. Done with VZW

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by hitdog042 View Post
    One said "the only decent phones we have are blackberries".
    a verizon rep after my heart!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Maxx730 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31bf8ee1
    Honestly, I think Blackberries are the best out there period. That said I have used the storm and I am disapointed with RIM. I think they just released it to compete with the iPhone and so it was a rush product.

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Dunno I'm loving verizon and the storm so if you didn't like I'm sorry~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksrussian View Post
    Dunno I'm loving verizon and the storm so if you didn't like I'm sorry~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    hey...some people don't like cherry pie....go figure...

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Lol thanks for backing me up lol yeah its a matter of preference and will be even more when a stable os officially releases...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksrussian View Post
    Lol thanks for backing me up lol yeah its a matter of preference and will be even more when a stable os officially releases...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    And from what I understand, VZW is very slow with releases. They couldn't tell me when the next one would be. A week ago, they told me Jan 3rd.

Obviously, they'll say anything even though they don't know what they are talking about.

This is a blackberry. admittedly the best out there. no excuse for having to wait for a "stable" OS. Android... ok, it's new, I get that.

This is nothing new. Yeah, its sort of a touch screen. But it's RIM. I expected more.

Honestly, I don't think its RIM. I think it is Verizon. All the crud they put on the phone is what I think is slowing it down and causing the problems. That's ultimately what I could not stand.

It's been out well over a month, almost two. Apps still stink. When a new customer is on a 30 day test drive, they can't be expected to assume it's going to improve.

And what is up with no app store for 'months"????

Typical "get their xmas money" type of a release.

I went back to my sturdy curve from TMO. Works like a charm. doesn't clock. no battery pulls. I may even give Android another shot if I can stomach the ugliness of the hardware.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    ehh everything is not for everyone. glad your happy with your curve.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    And from what I understand, VZW is very slow with releases. They couldn't tell me when the next one would be. A week ago, they told me Jan 3rd.

Obviously, they'll say anything even though they don't know what they are talking about.

This is a blackberry. admittedly the best out there. no excuse for having to wait for a "stable" OS. Android... ok, it's new, I get that.

This is nothing new. Yeah, its sort of a touch screen. But it's RIM. I expected more.

Honestly, I don't think its RIM. I think it is Verizon. All the crud they put on the phone is what I think is slowing it down and causing the problems. That's ultimately what I could not stand.

It's been out well over a month, almost two. Apps still stink. When a new customer is on a 30 day test drive, they can't be expected to assume it's going to improve.

And what is up with no app store for 'months"????

Typical "get their xmas money" type of a release.

I went back to my sturdy curve from TMO. Works like a charm. doesn't clock. no battery pulls. I may even give Android another shot if I can stomach the ugliness of the hardware.
    Just wait it out - other Android phones will come out with WAY NICER designs.
    Or wait on the Storm OS - mine as well as catstide's work FLAWLESSLY.

Either way you have to wait it out lol.

Glad you're happy with your Curve tho.

Im glad yours works flawlessly. I'm on my 2nd already. VZW bent over backwards to keep me on the phone. dropped me to a 1 year contract, gave me 200 in credits.

At the end of the day, it wasn't enough for me to stomach thinking my next 12 months could be like my first one.

You 2 I will say are in the minority. I see a huge amount of posters on various forums complaining of the same exact things I am complaining of. Freezing video, battery pulls, etc...

You got lucky with a good one.

my wife likes her storm, her video freezes too, but she never uses video.

VZW screwed up to her advantage though. They gave the credits to the main line, which turned out to be her line.

I bolted back, left her on VZW and dropped the plan in half. Kept the 200 dollars in credits, she kept the 1 year agreement, and my bill actually goes down 19 dollars per month even with two different companies.

Not sure what the opposite of robbing Peter to pay Paul is, but it seems as though I pulled it off.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Im glad yours works flawlessly. I'm on my 2nd already. VZW bent over backwards to keep me on the phone. dropped me to a 1 year contract, gave me 200 in credits.

At the end of the day, it wasn't enough for me to stomach thinking my next 12 months could be like my first one.

You 2 I will say are in the minority. I see a huge amount of posters on various forums complaining of the same exact things I am complaining of. Freezing video, battery pulls, etc...

You got lucky with a good one.

my wife likes her storm, her video freezes too, but she never uses video.

VZW screwed up to her advantage though. They gave the credits to the main line, which turned out to be her line.

I bolted back, left her on VZW and dropped the plan in half. Kept the 200 dollars in credits, she kept the 1 year agreement, and my bill actually goes down 19 dollars per month even with two different companies.

Not sure what the opposite of robbing Peter to pay Paul is, but it seems as though I pulled it off.
    I have to say - you got lucky out of this lol.

The other thing you have to take in consideration is that people that have been posting about problems are in a lot of cases new stackers that signed up to be able to find answers to their said problem.
    People with no issues are not necessarily going to sign up to go around claiming they have a good phone and opening threads about how good their phone is - see what i mean (besides established stackers that will leave a word about it) ?

I know a LOT of people that are more than happy with their Storms.

Anyways good luck to you !

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    hey...some people don't like cherry pie....go figure...
    Haha! Well I don't like cherry pie... but you know what flavor i do love?

BLACKBERRY..... BABY!!!

P.S. I love my storm even if it still needs some more OS updates.
    Last edited by vortec7; 01-03-2009 at 08:57 PM.
    :)

Thanks all or letting me vent.

Oh, and the kind of cherry pie I like... well... not for an 18 and under forum. HA

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Lol well yeah I've been trying to spread the word that the storm is great but not all people are that determined...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

curtroy no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am extremely happy with verizon and my storm...wich I upraded from a curve for. I absolutly loved my curve. I am on my third storm scince nov 21st my first was extremelt buggy and I had problems with the screen not clicking on one side plus a lot pf dust behind the screen. Verizon happily ordered me a brand new one, once I used the phone for a week the dust under the glass was even worse on this one although the storm worked flawlesly even on the origional os. I did have problems with pics and vids. Verizon again no[ questions asked offered to replace the phone, this time the storm I received was a refurbished unit but I have to say it has been an amazing device for the past month...not even a hint of dust, the screen is super tighr and clicks with ease! Pics and videos are not problems and come out great! Over all its about patience. If you have patience good things will come. Verizon was amazing when it came to customer satisfaction!

BB storms rock! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast