I do,bad. The only problem is I want wifi and my 3G. Will BlackBerry ever ... BlackBerry Storm forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

I really want a Storm

Advertisement

I do,bad. The only problem is I want wifi and my 3G. Will BlackBerry ever get to it. How about a 9510 with everything or would this just piss Verizon off too much. One would think that they would offer this as this is "suppose" to be the answer to the Iphone. I say if Verizon doesn't like it, suck it up and switch to GSM like the rest of the world. Its coming sooner or latter anyway.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I do to. But no matter what, Verizon "The Crippler", will stop everything that doesn't make them $$$.
    I know, i'm still being pick pocketed!
    Last edited by SVT Cobra; 03-10-2009 at 09:14 PM.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I'm pretty sure verizon told rim not to put wifi in there...

Let's wait and see, I've read rumors of the "magnum" and that's supposed to be a touchscreen version of a bold... Qwerty and touchscreen, 3g and wifi... That's what I'm waiting for...

And if that would mean switching carriers, I would...

sickchilly no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CFA98A
    Screw Verizon, another worldly carrier could also demand it be made. I'm currently quite pleased with my Vodafone 9500 on AT&T, but it would be nice to have 3G and Wi-fi. At least with a 'berry I don't notice the lack of 3G as much since RIMs data is so compressed and efficient.

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had a t-mobile curve with wi-fi and the wi-fi caused dropped calls and people couldn't hear me half the time. I'm happier without it for now.

I don't know about other BB phones, but on the back of my 8830WE case it says "3G CDMA", I think that's false advertising, and I want my full $$ back from Verizon!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Man I wish there was 3g in pakistan...

My lil ole BB CDMA on Verizon is still pretty fast without 3G.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    My lil ole BB CDMA on Verizon is still pretty fast without 3G.
    On Telus I can say without a flinch that the CDMA is far faster than the GSM rogers. I was using a device on the Roger's network and I was really surprised how slow it was. Honestly CDMA is crushing the speed right now!
    Regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    On Telus I can say without a flinch that the CDMA is far faster than the GSM rogers. I was using a device on the Roger's network and I was really surprised how slow it was. Honestly CDMA is crushing the speed right now!
    Regards
    cHAd
    Interesting! The Verizon CDMA speed is the number 1 reason that I MAY still go with them again in April.
    I'm going to download the SpeedTest and see if it's me thinking it' pretty fast, or if it is the phone and carrier.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    CDMA is definitely faster than GSM. I always wondered about the 3G on the back of the 8830 and the curve as well SVT, I wonder if it is as simple as a switch they can flip as 3G gets rolled out more, and right now they are just limiting it to the Strom? Who knows. Verizon has the best coverage for everywhere I travel to all of our offices, so I'm not switching any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    CDMA is definitely faster than GSM. I always wondered about the 3G on the back of the 8830 and the curve as well SVT, I wonder if it is as simple as a switch they can flip as 3G gets rolled out more, and right now they are just limiting it to the Strom? Who knows. Verizon has the best coverage for everywhere I travel to all of our offices, so I'm not switching any time soon.
    I totally agree with Verizon's service areas and speed. I started with VZ when they just started with landlines. I've never had a problem. EVER.
    Just when they take away what the phones were made to do.