Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by yozpalang stop defending the RIM we waited all this time for storm ... BlackBerry Storm forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by yozpalang View Post
    stop defending the RIM we waited all this time for storm and now it sucks ya i said it it does suck. I am so glad i did not switched to version for this . what is up with pushing the whole screen down?have you tried the g1 or Iphone's browser?I'm sure you haven't,right?and blackberry with no trackball?come on
    I have tried the G1 AND the iPhone 3G and the 1st Gen iPhone (since I owned both iphones)...and the browser was a pain on all three. Since they automatically download the whole freaking site I had to wait forever for the sites to load. There were no options on HOW to load the site, it was like using a slower than slow computer. Pushing the whole screen??? Ummmm perhaps its to get that button effect that everyone was complaining about NOT having when the iphone came out...what's up with the old school "slide out the key board because we can't combine into one device" like the G1? (please dont be too dense to get the sarcasm)

don't get me wrong I'm blackberry lover but storm's browser is nothing near Iphone or G1's browsers.
    No, it's nothing near it....it's leaps and bounds BEYOND it...good point!

no offense ,but i don't why every time we talk about other phones every body is IT .any way don't trust those test.give it try your self and you will see what i'm talking about.
    Because the majority of IT people know when they see a dependable advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Verizon doesn't have a GSM network in the US, so they can't have 3G.

They call it 3G as a marketing ploy. I think because they are on the third revision of PCS, they call it the third generation or 3G.

Correct me if I am wrong. But I am pretty sure it is NOT 3G. Just plain EvDO
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    It is EVDO Rev A versus the Rev 0 which has been around for a couple of years now. EVDO Rev A= 3G.
    The first quote was answered by the second quote...and in response to the first...PLEASE dont talk "trash" when you are spewing a junky answer. Do your research before you complain.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I have tried the G1 AND the iPhone 3G and the 1st Gen iPhone (since I owned both iphones)...and the browser was a pain on all three. Since they automatically download the whole freaking site I had to wait forever for the sites to load. There were no options on HOW to load the site, it was like using a slower than slow computer. Pushing the whole screen??? Ummmm perhaps its to get that button effect that everyone was complaining about NOT having when the iphone came out...what's up with the old school "slide out the key board because we can't combine into one device" like the G1? (please dont be too dense to get the sarcasm)

No, it's nothing near it....it's leaps and bounds BEYOND it...good point!

Because the majority of IT people know when they see a dependable advice.

The first quote was answered by the second quote...and in response to the first...PLEASE dont talk "trash" when you are spewing a junky answer. Do your research before you complain.
    love the response... period

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

first thing...

and I learned this the hard way, it is NEVER a good idea to switch carriers just for a phone - That said, I love the Storm. VZW, at least here, is FAST, not at all slow like you mentioned. I agree that the SureType can take some getting used to and correcting words is a pain in the ***, but it's a learnibg curve - flip the screen and get the full KB. My rpe is that if you want to correct a word, say in the middle of a word (eg. schoool to school), it is pretty damn tough to place the cursor in the middle of the word to delete the extra "o".

Give it some time and stick with it.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    and I learned this the hard way, it is NEVER a good idea to switch carriers just for a phone - That said, I love the Storm. VZW, at least here, is FAST, not at all slow like you mentioned. I agree that the SureType can take some getting used to and correcting words is a pain in the ***, but it's a learnibg curve - flip the screen and get the full KB. My rpe is that if you want to correct a word, say in the middle of a word (eg. schoool to school), it is pretty damn tough to place the cursor in the middle of the word to delete the extra "o".

Give it some time and stick with it.
    Just an FYI...you know if you "touch" the screen for two seconds, you get a hallow rectangle that you can move to where you want, it lets you see where you are going with the cursor. You also can hold the screen away from the sentence you are correcting so that you can see the whole line.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Just an FYI...you know if you "touch" the screen for two seconds, you get a hallow rectangle that you can move to where you want, it lets you see where you are going with the cursor. You also can hold the screen away from the sentence you are correcting so that you can see the whole line.
    Good tip thanks!

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro
    I did not know that - thanks

WiseGuy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30490E4B
    I left TMO for VZW and I couldnt be happier. I'm sticking with VZW.

WiFi... my storm is definately faster than my 8320 on wifi so I am happy. A friend of mine who is also a BB nut has a Pearl with wifi and opted to stay with TMO for 2 reasons... 1. he has been there for such a long time that he has a very cheap plan that cant be beaten by VZW. 2. The storm didnt have wifi.... but I'll tell you that after spending some time with my phone he quickly forgot about wifi and swears by the fact that my phone is faster on 3G than wifi and I happen to agree. It is faster than my 8320 or his pearl. I dont know about the G1 because I havent used it, but it compares rather well to my little brothers iphone in terms or browser speed. It be hard to say which is faster. The difference is so small that you could never tell unless you tried to measure it for spec purposes so it looks pretty on paper cause you couldnt tell in the real world.

just my point of view. take your time with it and take advantage of the test drive. If youre not happy then maybe it just wasnt for you.
    david

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseGuy View Post
    I left TMO for VZW and I couldnt be happier. I'm sticking with VZW.

WiFi... my storm is definately faster than my 8320 on wifi so I am happy. A friend of mine who is also a BB nut has a Pearl with wifi and opted to stay with TMO for 2 reasons... 1. he has been there for such a long time that he has a very cheap plan that cant be beaten by VZW. 2. The storm didnt have wifi.... but I'll tell you that after spending some time with my phone he quickly forgot about wifi and swears by the fact that my phone is faster on 3G than wifi and I happen to agree. It is faster than my 8320 or his pearl. I dont know about the G1 because I havent used it, but it compares rather well to my little brothers iphone in terms or browser speed. It be hard to say which is faster. The difference is so small that you could never tell unless you tried to measure it for spec purposes so it looks pretty on paper cause you couldnt tell in the real world.

just my point of view. take your time with it and take advantage of the test drive. If youre not happy then maybe it just wasnt for you.

No offense, but if 3G is faster than your wifi then you have a horrid wifi router or something.

But thanks for all the advice. So I should download this Jloader or whatever, wipe it, and reinstall. Is this the consensus, since this topic has been hijacked by other fanboys?

I too, btw, had the G1 and an unlocked non 3G iphone. I liked both. I'm not a fanboy, but I do prefer blackberry functionality to either of them.

I don't have 3G in my area for TMO, if I did I probably would not have moved to VZW and stayed where I was.

But as of now, it isn't that much faster. So I have a decision to make before my 30 days is up.

So... wipe with that s/w, then reload, is everyone in agreement?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Yep, that's what I would do if you want to give it a fresh start.

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hitdog042 View Post
    No offense, but if 3G is faster than your wifi then you have a horrid wifi router or something.
    would normally be true, but it could actually be a problem with the phones browser which communicates with the wifi connection

hitdog since this topic has been hijacked by other fanboys?
    didnt realize you were so partial to this thread, since basically we were providing you with information on both sides, HELPING you out

So... wipe with that s/w, then reload, is everyone in agreement?
    worth a try, right, if it doesnt work, youre returning it anyway?

So I did the wipe. Now all I get is a white screen on the phone, DM doesn't recognize it. The screen says Reload software 507

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    So I did the wipe. Now all I get is a white screen on the phone, DM doesn't recognize it. The screen says Reload software 507
    First thing try rebooting your PC and try it again. The 507 is saying there is no OS on your device. I am assuming you have downloaded and installed the OS to your PC already.

yes, it's on the pc, but I wiped the bberry, so currently no os on the device. So DM won't recognize it. This can't be good.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    do it again via the website. Dont use the DM software. Got to blackberry.com/update

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    no need to wipe it! Just downgrade to .65 and then back to .75

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast