Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by MotoUp Can you confirm which OS you are currently running? 4.7.0.75 is ... BlackBerry Storm forum

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    Can you confirm which OS you are currently running? 4.7.0.75 is the most current.

1. You do have full HTML capability, but there are still some limitations.

2. I have not experienced the rerendering issue. Once it's loaded, it's smooth for me.

3. What kind of coverage do you have? Browsing on the Storm itself compared to my Curve for me is so much faster it's not even funny. And tethering? WOW!

4. Are referring to watching or recording video? I've recorded up to 5 minutes so far and have had no issues on .75 OS.

5. If you don't like the auto correction, you can turn that off easily under Options > Spell check. Might make a big difference for you.

Take some time to learn it a little more. Go through all the options and settings. If at that point you still don't like it, then send it back. It blows the G1 out of the water.

stop defending the RIM we waited all this time for storm and now it sucks ya i said it it does suck. I am so glad i did not switched to version for this . what is up with pushing the whole screen down?have you tried the g1 or Iphone's browser?I'm sure you haven't,right?and blackberry with no trackball?come on

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm already on .75. What exactly does this accomplish? I did it wireless before, so basically the upgrade didn't go well and I need to downgrade and re-do it?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    It depends on you. So far, you seem very closed minded. Have you tried wiping and reloading? The video problem is known, and a wipe and reload fixes theproblem. Also, you may just live in a poor area for the 3G service, not un heard of. Did you check your service coverage prior to going with verizon? Also, the iPhone loaded web pages the same way that the Storm did. Additionally, many pages DONT have a WAP page, therefore you wouldn't be forced to a WAP page if you were going to a site that doesn't have a WAP page. My web page works FULLY on the phone and it's heavy with graphics.

don't get me wrong I'm blackberry lover but storm's browser is nothing near Iphone or G1's browsers.

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by yozpalang View Post
    don't get me wrong I'm blackberry lover but storm's browser is nothing near Iphone or G1's browsers.
    first off, they did a test, and the storms browser is much faster than the iphone... look it up online, or ill find it for you, secondly, the g1 is ugly, and its good, dont get me wrong, but theres alot that i dont like about it, such as its is incapable of connecting to exchange server email and its overall look and feel just sucks - and yes i have played with one alot, one of the guys I work with (im an IT consultant) has it... And secondly, so what if it doesnt have a trackball; that would look absolutely retarded, just like the itouch doesnt have a scroll wheel like the ipod, just my thoughts, do you have the storm???

Quote Originally Posted by dean0uga View Post
    first off, they did a test, and the storms browser is much faster than the iphone... look it up online, or ill find it for you, secondly, the g1 is ugly, and its good, dont get me wrong, but theres alot that i dont like about it, such as its is incapable of connecting to exchange server email and its overall look and feel just sucks - and yes i have played with one alot, one of the guys I work with (im an IT consultant) has it... And secondly, so what if it doesnt have a trackball; that would look absolutely retarded, just like the itouch doesnt have a scroll wheel like the ipod, just my thoughts, do you have the storm???

no offense ,but i don't why every time we talk about other phones every body is IT .any way don't trust those test.give it try your self and you will see what i'm talking about.

no offense ,but i don't why every time we talk about other phones every body is IT .any way don't trust those test.give it try your self and you will see what i'm talking about.
    no big deal... I will try it for sure - I am not naive enough to watch a video and simply believe all it does, or reed forums etc... I like to do my own tests. Honestly, the simple fact of the matter is that my browser is really fast, so theres no need to complain or compare it to others. So do you own a storm/have you played with a storm for an extended period of time or are you just going on what youre reading by reviews and in these forums?

no big deal... I will try it for sure - I am not naive enough to watch a video and simply believe all it does, or reed forums etc... I like to do my own tests. Honestly, the simple fact of the matter is that my browser is really fast, so theres no need to complain or compare it to others. So do you own a storm/have you played with a storm for an extended period of time or are you just going on what youre reading by reviews and in these forums?

I don't own a storm but my brother does and i have played with for a long time.the funny thing is my other brother has Iphone and i have 8320 and G1 so i did compared them all to gather.

interesting, you both have two phones? lol... well Maybe its the coverage area youre in, because my browser is pretty damn fast! I did a comparison to the G1 on a train and we were about the same, no real noticeable difference. I would say this is the carrier maybe(coverage) and not the browser/phones fault

interesting, you both have two phones? lol... well Maybe its the coverage area youre in, because my browser is pretty damn fast! I did a comparison to the G1 on a train and we were about the same, no real noticeable difference. I would say this is the carrier maybe(coverage) and not the browser/phones fault

no i have 2 brothers 1 with att 1with ver and i'm with tmo

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Verizon 3G?

Quote Originally Posted by hitdog042 View Post
    3. VZW's 3G is slooooow. Is this normal? I mean, there isn't much difference between TMO's EDGE and VZW's 3G. And at least TMO gave me WiFi. Just watching youtube load this slow is irritating.
    Verizon doesn't have a GSM network in the US, so they can't have 3G.

They call it 3G as a marketing ploy. I think because they are on the third revision of PCS, they call it the third generation or 3G.

Correct me if I am wrong. But I am pretty sure it is NOT 3G. Just plain EvDO

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    He needs a full wipe and reload. Google jl commander. Download it. Download .75 to your computer install both programs. Open jl commader. Follow the prompts to wiping the berry. Then open dm. It will prompt to load .75. Should take less than an hour.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Since we are all throwing in personal experiences, my roommate got her hands on the iPhone 3G when it first was released so I had plenty of time with it. That said, when the iPhone 3G was first released it was no where near as fast or stable (browser) as the storm was upon first release. (We live in what At&T calls a good-great 3g coverage area) So since we are comparing the iPhone 3g at present to the Storm still in its infancy I really don't see much to talk about considering they are extremely close by my tests. As for the G1 I really have no knowledge of benchmarks only that I second the opinion that it has to be one of the ugliest phones I've seen recently. Actually it gives me horrid flashbacks of the first TMO MDA.

Lastly, I left TMO for the VW Storm and couldn't be happier. I finally got sick and tired of watching every other carrier get the latest and greatest while TMO sat there and released new colors of the Pearl.....
    Ok so i lied one more point. Let's say TMO had released the storm instead of VW..... I can guarantee you it would have taken TMO at least twice as long to release the updated OS then it did VW. Anyone who's been with TMO knows this all to well.
    :)

b2dcingular no está en línea Stack level 1
    Do we have some frikkin apple fanboys on here or what? First off, RIM has made a solid product. I like the whole screen going in. gives me more response to what im doing. Any tactical error on sms'ing is my issue and i need to be a little more perscise in hitting my keys, the auto correction does leave a bit to be desired.

all in all, i've had (and sold) Sprint, Nextel, Verizon, T-Mo & AT&T.
    Verizon's call quality is FAR beyond any of the other carriers. If you call another Verizon person, the quality is that much better. Its sharper, more crisp and the Storm does a great job utilizing this network. (data + voice)

Browser does run a little slow. But that's what updates and Opera Mini are for. Let me know when Opera Mini will be running on the iPhone... I've had one. And I hated making calls on it. its a bitch. I dropped more calls with that thing then i have with any phone i have ever had.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Verizon doesn't have a GSM network in the US, so they can't have 3G.

They call it 3G as a marketing ploy. I think because they are on the third revision of PCS, they call it the third generation or 3G.

Correct me if I am wrong. But I am pretty sure it is NOT 3G. Just plain EvDO
    It is EVDO Rev A versus the Rev 0 which has been around for a couple of years now. EVDO Rev A= 3G.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    stop defending the RIM we waited all this time for storm and now it sucks ya i said it it does suck. I am so glad i did not switched to version for this . what is up with pushing the whole screen down?have you tried the g1 or Iphone's browser?I'm sure you haven't,right?and blackberry with no trackball?come on
    I am in no way at all defending RIM. Simply basing my response from my experience and use of it over the last couple of weeks.

You are entitled to your own opinion, I am just stating mine.
    Last edited by MotoUp; 12-10-2008 at 11:17 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast