Hey fellow Stackers. I just downloaded Verizon's official 5.0 to my 9530 and did the ... BlackBerry Storm forum
I Did It!!!
Hey fellow Stackers. I just downloaded Verizon's official 5.0 to my 9530 and did the browser manipulation to make ir work on AT&T. This 5.0 is SWEET! I will be glad to help anyone on AT&T who has a Storm and wants to DL the 5.0
Galaxy S4 Red
What did you have to do to get the browser to work? I'm on a CDMA network.
Glad to hear you got it working,Glenn...Storm 2 next?? LOL!!
Last edited by moderncowboy; 10-31-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Reason: because I can't spell.
Not sure about CDMA-this is a thread from here on PS-BB OS 5.0 Browser Fix for AT&T
Originally Posted by getsugatensho
This post assumes you have already downloaded and installed BlackBerry OS 5.0 t your phone.
First you will need to download a couple things.
They are the CrackUtil Program, and the AT&T service books. I will attach the service books to this post, but CrackUtil you're on your own for because for whatever reason I'm unable to get it to upload on my connection currently. I apologize.
Download and unzip the servicebooks zip file you download from here. Best bet is desktop just so it's easy to find.
Install CrackUtil if not already done.
Vista users ONLY: Right click on the shortcut on your desktop. Select Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab. Click in the check box next to Run as Administrator
1. Okay, connect your Bold to the computer, start CrackUtil.
2. Click on the tab that says "File Manipulation - INTERMEDIATE"
3. Click "Retrieve File Listing"
4. Scroll down and find the file called "net_rim_bb_browser_daemon" and click on it
5. Click "Remove File from Device" and it will store the file in a folder for you.
6. You will get and "Out of Grid" error message on CrackUtil, this is normal so no worries.
7. The device at this point is rebooting so close CrackUtil, leave the phone connected, and allow the phone to finish booting up. You could also see a couple of errors once the phone does finish loading up, again, NOTHING to worry about.
8. Start BlackBerry Device Manager
9. Click the Backup and Restore
10. Click on Advanced
11. On the Left hand side, you'll notice it says "File", so click on that
12. Navigate to where you unzipped the service books to, it will be the only file in the directory so no guessing here
13. Once you double click on that, it will drop it into the left hand side of the two windows
14. You'll notice 2 buttons between the 2 windows on Desktop Manager, click the bottom one has the ">>" on it
15. That will throw the service books onto the device. At this point, close desktop manager because you're done with it
16. Start CrackUtil
17. Click once again on the "File Manipulation Tab - INTERMEDIATE" tab
18. Click "Load File to Device"
19. It opens where it pulled the browser_daemon off your device and stored it on your computer
20. Double Click that file to load
21. Once it loads, your device will reboot
22. Once you see the load screen, close CrackUtil, and you can disconnect your Bold from your computer
23. Once device loads up, go to either your BIS login page, or the Personal Email Setup icon on your device, resend your service books to restore email
24. Enjoy your Browser
Galaxy S4 Red
9700 next Randy, but Im probably going to keep this Storm-this upgrade improved things drastically
Originally Posted by moderncowboy
Galaxy S4 Red
It most certainly did. I know there have also been a post or two about dislikes of the Storm2 but as much as I hate to disagree I don't see it. I think they finally got it right. I just wish I had more choices so I could experiment with other devices.
Originally Posted by chokem
Congrats Glenn, it's like a brand new device after the update isn't it?
Yes it is. Nancy couldn't see why I was so excited. Its like getting another brand new Storm.
Man I loved that storm but I have to have a phone with wifi.....so storm 2....maybe we will see....lol
hey so if i upgrade my Storm to 5.0 through Verizon, i wont be able to use it for ATT anymore?
Thanks, much appreciated
yes, follow the steps in my above post. you must have the generic att service books and CrackUtl downloaded to your PC. Im on AT&T and my Storm is working great with the new official Verizon 5.0
Galaxy S4 Red