I tried searching for this, maybe I don't have the right keywords, but I'm going ... BlackBerry Storm forum

groovdafied no está en línea Stack level 2

HTC Touch Pro or Storm???

Advertisement

I tried searching for this, maybe I don't have the right keywords, but I'm going to ask again.

So I have a Sprint account with the mogul, and was planning on getting the Touch Pro. Well I just recently found out about the storm and it definitely raised an eyebrow.

I've read enough information, and am waiting on the 21st to get a hands on feel of what I'm looking into. I know it's not as flashy as the iPhone, but that's someting I don't care for, since I've been working in the Winmo os anyways, I'm totally used to it. Will the storm have a dedicated youtube app to search and play real youtube videos (not the mobile edition)? What kind of application support will this phone have. I read a small snippet that it's supporting ajax (which I'm hearing ajax is a very cool and dynamic programming language). Will I be able to have my napster songs (DRM WMA music)? What about Orb? Can I stream my orb stuff too?

I really appreciate your guy's input on this... I'm getting very excited for this phone, and I really wish to purchase it if it meets my 'cool toy' needs. BTW: This will be my very first blackberry phone.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Both?! No that might be too much PDA power!

But seriously it depends on your focus. The Pro is business up and down. And that full keyboard certainly makes it appealing to the right crowd. The Storm is a BlackBerry, no matter what they do to it. But in terms of demagraphics its very heavy on the consumer side.

In terms of music I don't know. I'm pretty sure with the Storm the answer is no, and I don't know what Orb does (details?)

Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    Both?! No that might be too much PDA power!

But seriously it depends on your focus. The Pro is business up and down. And that full keyboard certainly makes it appealing to the right crowd. The Storm is a BlackBerry, no matter what they do to it. But in terms of demagraphics its very heavy on the consumer side.

In terms of music I don't know. I'm pretty sure with the Storm the answer is no, and I don't know what Orb does (details?)
    Hmmm...well I use the Mogul and I'm not a business man or anything...i use it as a consumer, so the Storm could be what I want as well, seeing that i'm lookin for a touch screen device that does multimedia. From the videos I've found, it seems to do just that and more... however wasn't quite sure about total performance and what not because it's not released yet in the US.

And OMG! you haven't tried orb yet? It's totally awesome, that's what it is! It pretty much turns your computer into a full media portal. So you can access your videos, photos and music remotely from any phone or computer with internet access. If you have a tv tuner installed on your computer, you can watch live tv or recently recorded shows directly on your device. I do this all the time on my Mogul, and am really hoping for it to work well with the Storm, cause it's crap with the iPhone.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Well to be honest I'd say maybe the Touch Pro is more in line with what your looking for. Of course I can't speak to the compatibility of the program you're talking about. Sprint and Verizon have a more similar network so who knows.

regor99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Check out the HTC Touch HD

Quote Originally Posted by regor99 View Post
    Check out the HTC Touch HD
    Meh, I'm not too thrilled about that phone. Since the fact it's not coming to the US, I'm not willing to wait for it.