Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by jglee311 Cherri, You ever find a solid way to keep out AT&T ... BlackBerry Storm forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jglee311 View Post
    Cherri,

You ever find a solid way to keep out AT&T Storm locked on EDGE? Mine still likes to flutter back and forth a lot. I'm running .151 OS, and have even tried putting in the AT&T APN settings, how about you?

Thanks!
    sorry i missed this. this is the MAIN reason why i am back on my bold. the uppercase EDGE signal is horrible. once you get stuck on lowercase edge, it seems to take forever to find that good signal again.

Quote Originally Posted by yozpalang View Post
    how to get me emails to work every time i try setup email it goes from EDGE to edge and it wont load the set up page?
    see my response to jglee

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    OK i have tried this several ways and cannot get my browser to show up! I can get into it thru app switcher and it says no service books loaded . . . could I do a selective restore and accomplish this same thing???

PLZ HELP!
    there must be a step you are missing. i'm available via IM if you wanna get this to work PM me.

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    I know Cherri......me too. I just switched back to my 9530 cause it's been a little while but.....good lawd!!! Guess it's back to the Bold. You'd think a GSM radio is a GSM radio, but obviously we're missing sumpin'. Anyway...thanks Cherri...as usual!!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I have tried this and tried this. I am using DM 5.0 and cannot get it to remove the cod!

PLZ help!

THB
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Tried again and again CC did you use DM 5.0?? I cannot get it to work!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Apparently DM 5.0 is poison to this process! After much work and trying different things CC helped me to figure it out(had to downgrade my DM to 4.6) and got it working! Thanks for all the help and for everyone who helped with this how-to!

Hope this helps . . .

THB
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

jpulpulaan no está en línea Stack level 1
    i dunno what i'm doing wrong, when i check this part it doesnt show what its supposed to... im trying to activate it for ATT

Now go to AT&T BIS Page log in and resend your service books. Then on your Storm go to Option>Advanced Options>TCP APN should say APN: wap.cingular Username:WAP@CINGULARGPS.COM Password: CINGULAR1

it doesnt work for me... the emails wont push and the bb messenger wont work neither! also, i go to the set up where i want to add email addresses and it will not let me, it just has the enterprise option.

if done properly, should it let me push my incoming emails to the phone?

jpulpulaan no está en línea Stack level 1
    i finally got it to work!

only one problem, it wont let me register my emails! it says that the phone is already registered under another account and i have to log in... i dont know who had the phone before me so does this mean i wont be able to have the push technology on my storm?

thats the main reason that i got the storm was so that i can get my emails pushed to my phone

beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    Ok for you T-Mobile users, make the new folder in the Java folder named Tmobile.

Here are the APN settings for T-Mobile

Option>Advanced Options>TCP APN APN: wap.voicestream.com
    and nothing goes under username and password. Also log into the T-Mobile BIS Page and resend service books.

I do not have the BB plan on Tmob-I am using the Tzones and it works great on my iPhone. Will I be able to get the email service and web service on my Storm like I do on my iPhone with the Tzones plan?

julrich01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

KaraBear --

I followed your instructions from the first post and downloaded the AT&T service books but when I go to my computer and look in c:\ProgramFiles, etc., I don't have a folder Shared\LoaderFiles\OS version\Java. By reading through all these posts I went and have downloaded the Storm software from the Verizon site, from the User Tools CD that came with my phone and even from some links found in other threads but I keep getting error messages and I can find the downloads in the ResearchInMotion file but still no Shared folder, etc. I bought this phone through Ebay and is has 4.7.0 already installed and is unlocked but I need to be able to get the APN: to show Cingular. It currently has APN:wap.voicestream.com. Any other suggestions I may try?? I've worked on this for a day and a half and just can't seem to get the Shared Folder to come up......... Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

mleet1223 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Any1 have the cincinnati bell wireless service books. i can't find them anywhere

Question

[quote=KaraBear;978727]This is considering you already have the device unlocked and have an AT&T SIM card that has a BlackBerry Plan.

Ok, first download the attached file. It's generic AT&T service books.

Then on your computer go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\OS version\Java. Select File>create new folder and name is ATT. Then find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_dameon and click and drag the module into the new folder you just made.

Put in the AT&T sim card>plug in device>open DM>Apploader>Add/remove programs and step your way through. It will then remove the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module.

Now Open the Dm again>Backup/restore>Advanced. On the right will be the Storms info and service books, etc. On the box to the left select file>open and select the file you downloaded. Once it's in the box on the left, click once to highlight, then click the bottom arrow(which moves what's in the left box to the right). Then go back to main menu of DM.

Go back to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\Loader\OS version\Java and go into the folder you created named ATT. Right click the module>Cut>Go back to main Java folder and paste it back.

Exit out. Plug in device>Open DM>apploader>add/remove> and step your way through. You will see net_rim_bb_browser_dameon.cod file being replaced.

Now go to AT&T BIS Page log in and resend your service books. Then on your Storm go to Option>Advanced Options>TCP APN should say APN: wap.cingular Username:WAP@CINGULARGPS.COM Password: CINGULAR1

KaraBear --- I've been trying to get this to work for weeks and am just about ready to sell the phone. Here's what's happening. I bought the unlocked phone off Ebay. I downloaded the AT&T service books. When I go to download the Blackberry software and Desktop Manager I've tried using the CD with the phone, downloaded from Blackberry.com and even followed the links on Thread #95902 but I can never find the "Shared/LoaderFiles/OS version/JAVA. I stop with ResearchInMotion and have several files under that but no "Shared". What am I doing wrong?? I have AT&T so I'm assuming I need to do what your thread suggests in order to get Browser and email to work. PLEASE advice me. I'm really technologically illiterate so I apologize in advance.........THANKS!!!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    What OS are u running on your machine?

Also, did you install the bb OS on your machine. After you download, you must initiate the installation.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I still can't get it to work....hummzz more work ahead...
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    julrich, CC is right, it wont be there until you install your phone's software on your computer first
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

Question

KaraBear or ANYONE who can possibly help me----Been trying for a week every night to get my Storm to work on AT&T. I followed the first post on this thread and I've been able to get all the way to the bottom where I "Now Go to AT&T BIS Page log in and resend your service books. Then on your Storm....." When I go to the att.blackberry.com website it asks me to login and I click on New Account but when I put in the Device PIN and IMEI #'s I get an error message. What do I need to do to get the service books loaded???Also when I click on my Browser I get a message saying my radio is off or battery too low to access the web........ What is this?? How do I fix this? I think I'm close to getting this to work so any help would definitely be appreciated!!!!!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast