Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

http://www.att.blackberry.com/... BlackBerry Storm forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

finefine no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    This is considering you already have the device unlocked and have an AT&T SIM card that has a BlackBerry Plan.

Ok, first download the attached file. It's generic AT&T service books.

Then on your computer go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\OS version\Java. Select File>create new folder and name is ATT. Then find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_dameon and click and drag the module into the new folder you just made.

Put in the AT&T sim card>plug in device>open DM>Apploader>Add/remove programs and step your way through. It will then remove the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module.

Now Open the Dm again>Backup/restore>Advanced. On the right will be the Storms info and service books, etc. On the box to the left select file>open and select the file you downloaded. Once it's in the box on the left, click once to highlight, then click the bottom arrow(which moves what's in the left box to the right). Then go back to main menu of DM.

Go back to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\Loader\OS version\Java and go into the folder you created named ATT. Right click the module>Cut>Go back to main Java folder and paste it back.

Exit out. Plug in device>Open DM>apploader>add/remove> and step your way through. You will see net_rim_bb_browser_dameon.cod file being replaced.

Now go to AT&T BIS Page log in and resend your service books. Then on your Storm go to Option>Advanced Options>TCP APN should say APN: wap.cingular Username:WAP@CINGULARGPS.COM Password: CINGULAR1

Sorry I didn't include screen shots. But this will get what you want. The Storm will not work on AT&T's 3G network.

Thanks to Pltaylor for the service books.
    hI Karabear,
    I have a Storm, work with ATT phone, but not internet. Do I need to buy DATAPLAN from ATT in order to search the web, or I can get it free. Thanks for your help KaraBear.

kavekanem no está en línea Stack level 1
    yes you do need a data plan finefine. And it has to be a BB data plan, like an iphone data plan is not the same. I used h t t p://www .berryology. com/info to set mine up. It was stupid easy and my AIM works. You'll have to remove the spaces. I can't post links.

how to make bb storm to access internet

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    You would be able to get onto the internet but only through Opera Mini.
    You wont be able to use : BBMaps, BBMessenger, Browser, PushEmail etc...
    Ranxoren,

I am currently an ATT customer, have bb storm, unlocked, and use bb storm for voice only. I wanted to use for internet as well, as you mentioned, with bb storm for ATT, I can get into internet, then please hint me how to.
    I also tried to get BIS from ATT for my bb storm, but CS agent told me I can't, because the phone is for Verizon, even I've unlocked it for ATT.

What should I do. Please help. Thanks a lot Roxoren.

how to make storm work w/ ATT internet

Quote Originally Posted by kavekanem View Post
    yes you do need a data plan finefine. And it has to be a BB data plan, like an iphone data plan is not the same. I used h t t p://www .berryology. com/info to set mine up. It was stupid easy and my AIM works. You'll have to remove the spaces. I can't post links.
    Thank you so much kavekenem, but do I have to call ATT to BUY a data plan from them or by go set up the way you had said, I can access it free?

If it is possible, would you please walk me through step by step?

Thanks again kavekenem

I can access to internet by my Palm treo, but not with this storm

Quote Originally Posted by kavekanem View Post
    kavekenem,

Would you please email me the pdf instruction which you've got from the berryology or post it here. What is your email address? Can I email you something which I've found for storm?

Thanks

rolandoggc no está en línea Stack level 1

Question I'm lost.. i couldn't find this place on my computer

Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    This is considering you already have the device unlocked and have an AT&T SIM card that has a BlackBerry Plan.

Ok, first download the attached file. It's generic AT&T service books.

Then on your computer go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\OS version\Java. Select File>create new folder and name is ATT. Then find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_dameon and click and drag the module into the new folder you just made.

Put in the AT&T sim card>plug in device>open DM>Apploader>Add/remove programs and step your way through. It will then remove the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module.

Now Open the Dm again>Backup/restore>Advanced. On the right will be the Storms info and service books, etc. On the box to the left select file>open and select the file you downloaded. Once it's in the box on the left, click once to highlight, then click the bottom arrow(which moves what's in the left box to the right). Then go back to main menu of DM.

Go back to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\Loader\OS version\Java and go into the folder you created named ATT. Right click the module>Cut>Go back to main Java folder and paste it back.

Exit out. Plug in device>Open DM>apploader>add/remove> and step your way through. You will see net_rim_bb_browser_dameon.cod file being replaced.

Now go to AT&T BIS Page log in and resend your service books. Then on your Storm go to Option>Advanced Options>TCP APN should say APN: wap.cingular Username:WAP@CINGULARGPS.COM Password: CINGULAR1

Sorry I didn't include screen shots. But this will get what you want. The Storm will not work on AT&T's 3G network.

Thanks to Pltaylor for the service books.

okappiah no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30BE5585
    What about showing us how to hack it for Sprint?
    Pin:32aecb0f

megan23247 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey this is exactly what I needed to get the Browser on my Unlocked Verizon Storm that im using with T-Mobile to show up and work! Thanks!

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Quote Originally Posted by brianlong4 View Post
    I have an unlocked storm and I get email fine, texting fine, and phone calls fine just no internet?

Help????

Brian, call your carrier's data department and ask them to reset your bis account. That should work. If everything else is working.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

clive48 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by pltaylor View Post
    I put this together 2 months ago. I'm happy for all those that have benefited. But those claiming it as there own know where they got it.
    Hi @PlTaylor - I need ur help. I am in India & using BB8830
    1. Pl tellme how to make SB. Can I just take a backup from a BB or is there any other way?

2. DO I need a BIS Data plan to use SB? I have Data enabaled on my CDMA ESN as I swapped it from an earlier Nokia. So I have Data on my ESN.
    Pl advise how to go about activateing SB + data
    Thanks

pltaylor no está en línea Stack level 2
    Clive, you do need a Blackberry specific data plan. What carrier are you on? If it's AirTel I have those.

I don't check in here too often so email me at pltaylor@crackberry.com
    Last edited by pltaylor; 03-08-2009 at 10:40 AM.

QuikZ06 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Im in the same boat....I get as far as Research in motion, then I only have 2 files to choose from. Modem drivers and USB Drivers. Please help!

QuikZ06 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can anyone help with this? My hubbys about to sell the phone if he cant get it to work

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast