Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

So what happens with an unlocked Storm if a prepaid SIM from T-Mobile or AT&T ... BlackBerry Storm forum

phone_caller no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FED8B7

Advertisement

So what happens with an unlocked Storm if a prepaid SIM from T-Mobile or AT&T is put in and the GSM is selected? Would I be able to toggle back and forth to use CDMA and GSM?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by phone_caller View Post
    So what happens with an unlocked Storm if a prepaid SIM from T-Mobile or AT&T is put in and the GSM is selected? Would I be able to toggle back and forth to use CDMA and GSM?
    Yes you would. But you cant have both running at the same time.
    Like im using my storm on Rogers right now but i could go and get it activated on Verizon if i wanted to.

digdoug no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D73DE7
    You all are genuises. I am friggin lost.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by digdoug View Post
    You all are genuises. I am friggin lost.
    We all learnt from here and still learn everyday

bbslice no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437ACFE
    works perfect thanks alot
    i'm addicted.

yeahno no está en línea Stack level 1

GSM-only variant

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Correct as the Storm does not have the NAM 3G frequency built in. Verizon KNEW that people would unlock it for ATT and TMO and it is probably the reason why.
    Now having said that i am going to contradict myself as the Vodafone one doesnt have it either yet, why would you not put it in so when UK people roam in the US or Canada they can have 3G.
    I think and i am almost sure that RIM has a NAM 3G GSM version coming ... i also remember reading a FCC thing about it.

I'm thinking about buying one of the GSM-Only Variants that you can find on the internet.....but will these work on the AT&T 3G network? I've read all the product specifications on the merchants websites that are selling them, but none of them specifically state "NAM." Does any one know if this is the version that AT&T will eventually release?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahno View Post
    I'm thinking about buying one of the GSM-Only Variants that you can find on the internet.....but will these work on the AT&T 3G network? I've read all the product specifications on the merchants websites that are selling them, but none of them specifically state "NAM." Does any one know if this is the version that AT&T will eventually release?
    NONE of the currently released storms will work on ATT 3G or any NAM 3G for that matter.
    The one you wanna wait for is the Rogers Storm 9520 with NAM 3G and WiFi.

rechlit no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How-To Make a Storm Work on Vodafon run on o2

Hi!

I´m from germany and I´m searching a sevice book for my BbStorm 9500. It has a branding from vodafon germany and i want to run o2, with personal eMail connections.

Can you help me? Please!

Best greetings from paderborn / germany
    U. R.

yeahno no está en línea Stack level 1
    NONE of the currently released storms will work on ATT 3G or any NAM 3G for that matter.
    The one you wanna wait for is the Rogers Storm 9520 with NAM 3G and WiFi.

Thanks, I'll keep my eye out for that. In the meantime I'm waiting for my 8310 warranty replacement. I was gonna just sell it and buy the storm, but I guess I'll just have to wait longer. Merry X-Mas!

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    This is just for the 9500 or also works on 9530?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe

mafialink no está en línea Stack level 1
    So i followed all these steps and got up to the part where i need to move the att services books from the left to right in DM. However after i open the serivces books and its to the left, they are grayed out and it will not allow me to move them to the right. I highlight them but the right arrow is still grayed. Any help.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    This is considering you already have the device unlocked and have an AT&T SIM card that has a BlackBerry Plan.

Ok, first download the attached file. It's generic AT&T service books.

Then on your computer go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\OS version\Java. Select File>create new folder and name is ATT. Then find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_dameon and click and drag the module into the new folder you just made.

Put in the AT&T sim card>plug in device>open DM>Apploader>Add/remove programs and step your way through. It will then remove the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module.

Now Open the Dm again>Backup/restore>Advanced. On the right will be the Storms info and service books, etc. On the box to the left select file>open and select the file you downloaded. Once it's in the box on the left, click once to highlight, then click the bottom arrow(which moves what's in the left box to the right). Then go back to main menu of DM.

Go back to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\Loader\OS version\Java and go into the folder you created named ATT. Right click the module>Cut>Go back to main Java folder and paste it back.

Exit out. Plug in device>Open DM>apploader>add/remove> and step your way through. You will see net_rim_bb_browser_dameon.cod file being replaced.

Now go to AT&T BIS Page log in and resend your service books. Then on your Storm go to Option>Advanced Options>TCP APN should say APN: wap.cingular Username:WAP@CINGULARGPS.COM Password: CINGULAR1

Sorry I didn't include screen shots. But this will get what you want. The Storm will not work on AT&T's 3G network.

Thanks to Pltaylor for the service books.

olsonb1 no está en línea Stack level 1

3G Storm

It has been rumored on several post that RIM will be releasing the 9520 version of storm for rogers. This version will be 3G capable. So unlocked, it should work with ATT on 3G.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Is that a question ? If so yeah the Unlocked 9520 WILL work with ATT's 3G .

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Is that a question ? If so yeah the Unlocked 9520 WILL work with ATT's 3G .
    ok well now i have a question...when is this new storm going to come out?? also i currently own a bold through att. is it worth getting a storm? is the storm better than the bold? i know this may not be the place for it but i was wondering is verizon worth switching to from att or no? if ya dont wanna answer that question since its off topic thats cool just thought i would ask while i was here.

thanks

Pat
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast