xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA

Advertisement

No 3G and no Wifi not good.

HughJass no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2443424B
    will the service books work for me (currently using rogers) w/o a data plan??
    "Gravity is a cruel mistress!" - the Tick
    PIN: 2443424B

bbslice no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437ACFE
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Correct as the Storm does not have the NAM 3G frequency built in. Verizon KNEW that people would unlock it for ATT and TMO and it is probably the reason why.
    Now having said that i am going to contradict myself as the Vodafone one doesnt have it either yet, why would you not put it in so when UK people roam in the US or Canada they can have 3G.
    I think and i am almost sure that RIM has a NAM 3G GSM version coming ... i also remember reading a FCC thing about it.

thanks for the great info!
    I'm pretty sure I can across some FCC memo stating information and specs for a NAM storm, if I can find it I'll post it here.
    i'm addicted.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by bbslice View Post
    thanks for the great info!
    I'm pretty sure I can across some FCC memo stating information and specs for a NAM storm, if I can find it I'll post it here.
    My bad ... the FCC did approve a NAM GSM Storm but without the NAM 3G frequencies only the EURO ones.

http://www.cellphonesignal.com/black...ly-passed-fcc/

It doesnt make any sense to me. The only thing that could be is that Verizon paid a LOOOOOT of money to have a 3G exclusive storm in the US and then that would make a lot of sense

pltaylor no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ranxoren, I wanted to use your Rogers Service books (giving you credit of coarse) in my guide on CB. So I downloaded them and had a look. There is no browser config books in there so they won't work. Also you left your email books in them as well. So if loaded to another phone that person will get your gmail. Just thought I would let you know.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Oh thanks so much for the heads up !! guess i uploaded the wrong backup !!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by pltaylor View Post
    Ranxoren, I wanted to use your Rogers Service books (giving you credit of coarse) in my guide on CB. So I downloaded them and had a look. There is no browser config books in there so they won't work. Also you left your email books in them as well. So if loaded to another phone that person will get your gmail. Just thought I would let you know.
    Ok so I removed them (thanks again) but yeah i didnt even need them when i put my rogers SIM in my Storm everything just appeared including the browser !

I have heard of such luck. But I've also found if you update the OS you loose the browser. Did you update to .75 or was it on it from Verizon?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have heard of such luck. But I've also found if you update the OS you loose the browser. Did you update to .75 or was it on it from Verizon?
    Got it with .65 with browser.
    I then updated the OS to .75 and lost all service books and browser.
    At that point i put my SIM card in and resent the books from BIS website and everything came back.

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me
    Ok, not trying to go off topic here with the thread title. I am curious how to get a Storm to work where I live. I live in Barbados and use one of the local carriers here. They sell many bb models and I have BIS service on my Bold. I ordered a Storm from Verizon, assuming I can get an unlock code from them (I paid full retail price so should be able to) what else do I need to get it active on my local carrier here on BIS? Do I have to also have a zip like the above?

Thank you

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey Bro, You want to mention where you got this and maybe give credit where credit is due?
    Where I got this? My husband.
    Last edited by KaraBear; 12-09-2008 at 11:24 AM.

I put this together 2 months ago. I'm happy for all those that have benefited. But those claiming it as there own know where they got it.

http :// forums.crackberry.com/ showthread.php?t=81554&page=5
    http :// forums.crackberry.com /f83/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-mobile-w-unlocked-bold-revised-100324/
    http: // forums.crackberry.com/f86/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-mobile-w-unlocked-storm-95xx-106023/
    http: // forums.crackberry.com/f86/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-w-unlocked-storm-95xx-107154/
    My husband is the one who told me how to do this. And if I'm not mistaken, he was the one who originally helped you out with this.
    Last edited by KaraBear; 12-09-2008 at 11:25 AM.

You're right KaraBear seems we are from the same school of BB. Sorry for calling you out and accusing you on your home turf. I'm still faster than you. Tell the man I said hi! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You're right KaraBear seems we are from the same school of BB. Sorry for calling you out and accusing you on your home turf. I'm still faster than you. Tell the man I said hi! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm sorry PT, for any confusion I caused. Also, thank you for the service books.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well there you go ! Glad to see that it was all just a big confusion.
    Pltaylor you work on this is amazing so thank you to you and KaraBear's hubby.
    As for KaraBear thank you for relaying the info on the stacks you are again truly a valuable member of the community with all your insights

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast