Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

yes ^^ essentially what you are doing is removing the browser, then adding the books, ... BlackBerry Storm forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Advertisement

yes ^^ essentially what you are doing is removing the browser, then adding the books, then placing the browser back on (and because the books are there, the browser will "stay"). be sure to REsend books after you are finished with the whole procedure it goes really quickly and if you update again, you'll be a pro

sbsoswat no está en línea Stack level 1
    Im gonna try it a little later. You have been the most help I have found on any forum. Thank you so much.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    post back if you get stuck or PM me (PM will notify me immediately). i have done this for both my storm and bold (when updating a 4.6+ device to an UNofficial 5.0, you lose the browser too)

sbsoswat no está en línea Stack level 1
    uuugh done everything and still no browser icon

lywinson no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have a quick question, if my storm is unlocked i have at and t no blackberry plan i can still use the phone aspects of it, but will i beable to send and recieve mms? since mms uses data service, i've done some searching but i can't seem to find an answer. if i could get a reply asap that would be great, i'm looking to buy one with in the next week. thank you.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    mms is kind of a strange thing, on AT&T on SOME BlackBerrys you can send and receive MMS without a data plan. Like I could on my 8310 but couldnt on my 8100 pearl
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

thanks for the quick response i guess should i just try to send a picture out and see if it sends or not? and if it is unlocked and all i want to do is send mms i won't have to update the service books right?

i tried sending a mms and it had an error message it was much earlier today and i didnt get a chance to write it down. it did say something like i do not have the service available or something along those lines i will have it at home in a few days so hopefully. i can be more specific then. but the big thing is i have heard it was possible to do. if i follow all the steps for this and dont have a blackberry plan on my sim card will that maybe solve the problem or maybe if i use the service books for a phone that does have data access or something? any ideas on sending mms messages on a unlocked storm with no blackberry data plan?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    You can't send books from another phone because when you log in/sign up on BIS to send your service books you have to enter your PIN and IEMI-someone correct me if I'm mistaken

AgentMissa no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    310986F5

Question

It worked great, thank you.

I can only get internet using wifi though. One thing I noticed my username is: WAP@CINGULAR.COM
    not Username:WAP@CINGULARGPS.COM as stated.

What can I do to get internet without wifi?

Also can mms be sent on unlocked phones, because I don't have that option.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Your user name should be WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM if I remember correctly. You may have to have BB Data service to have this work.

Zo

PIN/ID
    310986F5
    I do have a BB Data plan. and this morning the browser was gone again and it said I need the browser books. My apps work thought. This is frustrating. :cry:

PIN/ID
    310986F5
    not sure if this info will help anyone, I got my internet going.
    The bb browser would not stay on my phone, and when it was on there I only had wifi. I went to opera.com and downloaded (to my pc then to my bb) thier browser for 9530. Installed it and it works great. No wifi needed.

I still cant get mms though...

Director447 no está en línea Stack level 2
    hi, I used the instructions from Pltaylor, to get the browser working on my BB Storm ,and again on my BB Tour ,so I will thank Pltaylor for those excellent directions, and it also gave me the chance to show the AT&T rep. that he was not such a smart guy,when he told me the browser will never work on a Storm. Thanks Pltaylor you know the Blackberry !

sdln28 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsoswat View Post
    I have made countless attempts get the browser icon to stay on for more than a few seconds. I followed the CrackUtil instructions exactly and satll the browser or MMS doesnt work. I used Desktop Manager like instructed. Only thing I did not do was install BB device software. This this make a difference?
    - here is what you need to do - go to options / advanced options / service books - show your keyboard - type 4?2? - you will get a message "Legasy SB Enabled" - then connect to desktop manager - go to restore - advanced - now open and load the att service books provided in the artical that did not work - move them over to to your phone and then send service books to get your mail back - FIXED! Now go to browser options, and you will see you can select Internet browser, Hot Spot browser, Blackberry browser ...... Your best choice is Internet Browser. Sometimes on reboot you have to do this again, but with all the memory in the 9550 you shuold not have to reboot very often, seems sometimes on reboot for some reason the service books are overwritten (I have not figured that out yet, but net software release this should go away - remember it is a world phone).

Good Luck ;o)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast