Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Originally Posted by zutipec maybe this is a dumb question but i have to ask. ... BlackBerry Storm forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by zutipec View Post
    maybe this is a dumb question but i have to ask. is it possible to get the storm working without a BB plan. if anybody has an answer please email me.
    If you are asking will it work on AT&Ts network without a data plan the answer is yes. The Storm has dual radios-it supports both GSM (AT&T, TMobile, etc) and CDMA (Verizon). Without a data plan of course you will have no browser or email but will still have phone call and text messaging capabilities.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

sbsoswat no está en línea Stack level 1
    Pleease help. Ive tried everything. Cannot get my browser icon to stay. dissappears after I restart.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Have you tried deleting your service books and resending them again?

kdoe187 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hello buddy

cherylhandy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31017CDF

Question

Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    This is considering you already have the device unlocked and have an AT&T SIM card that has a BlackBerry Plan.

Ok, first download the attached file. It's generic AT&T service books.

Then on your computer go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\OS version\Java. Select File>create new folder and name is ATT. Then find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_dameon and click and drag the module into the new folder you just made.

Put in the AT&T sim card>plug in device>open DM>Apploader>Add/remove programs and step your way through. It will then remove the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module.

Now Open the Dm again>Backup/restore>Advanced. On the right will be the Storms info and service books, etc. On the box to the left select file>open and select the file you downloaded. Once it's in the box on the left, click once to highlight, then click the bottom arrow(which moves what's in the left box to the right). Then go back to main menu of DM.

Go back to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\Loader\OS version\Java and go into the folder you created named ATT. Right click the module>Cut>Go back to main Java folder and paste it back.

Exit out. Plug in device>Open DM>apploader>add/remove> and step your way through. You will see net_rim_bb_browser_dameon.cod file being replaced.

Now go to AT&T BIS Page log in and resend your service books. Then on your Storm go to Option>Advanced Options>TCP APN should say APN: wap.cingular Username:WAP@CINGULARGPS.COM Password: CINGULAR1

Sorry I didn't include screen shots. But this will get what you want. The Storm will not work on AT&T's 3G network.

Thanks to Pltaylor for the service books.

I did infact unlock my new Storm 2 9550 so far a ery awesome phone and I'm pretty happy however I had issues with getting my email setup and finally got AT&T to help me retrieve my password so now I am finding just a couple issues. First I have the BB web browser icon though it seems to be hidden for whatever reason. I click it and of course I get the error about the service book entries, so called AT&T and they claim to have sent me the service books went through the process of shutting phone off and removing battery and waiting close to 5 min before having me reasseble it and turn it back on. Unfortunately I got nothing dunno why neither do they and that was so they claim all the further they could help me. I am in need of some help and after reading this whole post before giving it a try I got so far as going to computer/C:/ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion I looked for shared d and either I am very tired or I can't find it. I really would love to have some of my programs back so if someone could help me out I would be so grateful.

Thanks Cheryl

PIN/ID
    31017CDF

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Got it with .65 with browser.
    I then updated the OS to .75 and lost all service books and browser.
    At that point i put my SIM card in and resent the books from BIS website and everything came back.
    OK going to sound a bit stupid but can anyone tell me if AT&T users are able to also resend their own service books? If so can anyone give me directions on how to do this, because having to sit on the phone all day on hold 6 times trying to get the service books sent to my phone is not something I really relish doing again though I do have the 9550 which I unlocked was very easy thought I was doing great until I found I dont have the service books for the BB browser I am using v5.0.0.320 (platform 4.2.0.124) according to options/about. Thanx in advance for any help that anyone can offer me.

Cheryl

PIN/ID
    31017CDF

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by tommy69 View Post
    As of right now what's the easier / cheapest method of unlocking a Verizon Storm ?
    I found the quickest (10 minutes max.), easiest as well as accurate way to unlock a phone is through www.expressunlockcode.com the charge is anywhere from $9.99-$19.99 I have used this service once and I got it from (don't remember the site) another site and after reading all the reviews I to tried it. I had my Storm 2 9550 unlock code in less than 5 min. with detailed step by step instrustions on how to do it. I think I spent mayne total of 10 min from the time I paid through Pay Pal until I got the code accepted message on my phone. Now I did try a couple of those ones on ebay would not suggest anyone using them both of the ones I tried sent me the wrong code and when I sent the a message telling this about 15 min later they came back to me with the same code I had just gotten from expressunlockcode was extremely funny, and I did get a refund. Just some FYI for those looking to unlock any phone really.

PIN/ID
    nada
    this is the way I got my browser and email working on my storm using AT&T-his post assumes you have already downloaded and installed BlackBerry OS 5.0 t your phone.

First you will need to download a couple things.

They are the CrackUtil Program, and the AT&T service books. I will attach the service books to this post, but CrackUtil you're on your own for because for whatever reason I'm unable to get it to upload on my connection currently. I apologize.

Download and unzip the servicebooks zip file you download from here. Best bet is desktop just so it's easy to find.

Install CrackUtil if not already done.

Vista users ONLY: Right click on the shortcut on your desktop. Select Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab. Click in the check box next to Run as Administrator

1. Okay, connect your Bold to the computer, start CrackUtil.
    2. Click on the tab that says "File Manipulation - INTERMEDIATE"
    3. Click "Retrieve File Listing"
    4. Scroll down and find the file called "net_rim_bb_browser_daemon" and click on it
    5. Click "Remove File from Device" and it will store the file in a folder for you.
    6. You will get and "Out of Grid" error message on CrackUtil, this is normal so no worries.
    7. The device at this point is rebooting so close CrackUtil, leave the phone connected, and allow the phone to finish booting up. You could also see a couple of errors once the phone does finish loading up, again, NOTHING to worry about.
    8. Start BlackBerry Device Manager
    9. Click the Backup and Restore
    10. Click on Advanced
    11. On the Left hand side, you'll notice it says "File", so click on that
    12. Navigate to where you unzipped the service books to, it will be the only file in the directory so no guessing here
    13. Once you double click on that, it will drop it into the left hand side of the two windows
    14. You'll notice 2 buttons between the 2 windows on Desktop Manager, click the bottom one has the ">>" on it
    15. That will throw the service books onto the device. At this point, close desktop manager because you're done with it
    16. Start CrackUtil
    17. Click once again on the "File Manipulation Tab - INTERMEDIATE" tab
    18. Click "Load File to Device"
    19. It opens where it pulled the browser_daemon off your device and stored it on your computer
    20. Double Click that file to load
    21. Once it loads, your device will reboot
    22. Once you see the load screen, close CrackUtil, and you can disconnect your Bold from your computer
    23. Once device loads up, go to either your BIS login page, or the Personal Email Setup icon on your device, resend your service books to restore email
    24. Enjoy your Browser

These instructions were written to be the most BASIC form, with very easy to understand, broken down waaaay much to be a very EASY step by step procedure. Seems like a lot, but it is very much easy and quick steps. Was written for those with a very limited knowledge.

I take zero credit for this tutorial, I found very similar tutorials on both Crackberry.com, and BlackBerryOS.com. I simply applied thier method to this OS install on the Bold. All credit for the original work goes to the authors of those tutorials.
    ______
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    nada
    to send your own service books log into your BIS page and select help. This will give you an option to resend your books. You will need your username and password. I hope this helps, this was in another thread and I copied/pasted it. If you follow the instructions exactly it will work, Ive done it three times.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    31017CDF

Lightbulb 5.0.320 OS Download for Storm 2 9550

Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    This is considering you already have the device unlocked and have an AT&T SIM card that has a BlackBerry Plan.

Ok, first download the attached file. It's generic AT&T service books.

Then on your computer go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\OS version\Java. Select File>create new folder and name is ATT. Then find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_dameon and click and drag the module into the new folder you just made.

Put in the AT&T sim card>plug in device>open DM>Apploader>Add/remove programs and step your way through. It will then remove the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module.

Now Open the Dm again>Backup/restore>Advanced. On the right will be the Storms info and service books, etc. On the box to the left select file>open and select the file you downloaded. Once it's in the box on the left, click once to highlight, then click the bottom arrow(which moves what's in the left box to the right). Then go back to main menu of DM.

Go back to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\Loader\OS version\Java and go into the folder you created named ATT. Right click the module>Cut>Go back to main Java folder and paste it back.

Exit out. Plug in device>Open DM>apploader>add/remove> and step your way through. You will see net_rim_bb_browser_dameon.cod file being replaced.

Now go to AT&T BIS Page log in and resend your service books. Then on your Storm go to Option>Advanced Options>TCP APN should say APN: wap.cingular Username:WAP@CINGULARGPS.COM Password: CINGULAR1

Sorry I didn't include screen shots. But this will get what you want. The Storm will not work on AT&T's 3G network.

Thanks to Pltaylor for the service books.

For those out there much like myself who didn't realize you will need the BB device software downloaded and installed on your pc in order to find the first set of files as described above ("Then on your computer go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ ResearchInMotion\Shared\LoaderFiles\OS version\Java. Select File>create new folder and name it ATT.") Here is the link to get the 5.0.320 OS for the Storm 2 9550. It will ask for a verizon number, you can use any random number for this to include landline numbers http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry...px?ct=personal. Hope this helps for those looking for OS in order to continue with the instructions above in the quote.
    Cheryl....
    It's not about how much time, It's about what you did with it.........

Storm 2 9550 on ATT

I have made countless attempts get the browser icon to stay on for more than a few seconds. I followed the CrackUtil instructions exactly and satll the browser or MMS doesnt work. I used Desktop Manager like instructed. Only thing I did not do was install BB device software. This this make a difference?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsoswat View Post
    I have made countless attempts get the browser icon to stay on for more than a few seconds. I followed the CrackUtil instructions exactly and satll the browser or MMS doesnt work. I used Desktop Manager like instructed. Only thing I did not do was install BB device software. This this make a difference?
    IF you follow the instructions in the first post of this thread, you will not have any issues.

YES, you do need the device software. Without it, the procedure will NOT work. You are "tricking" your storm by removing the browser and then readding it. All the steps MUST be done to get it up and working on a GSM carrier.

One more thing. Where do I download the correct ATT Service books?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    the attached service books (in the OP) will work for you. another way to get them is to backup your service books from a previous ATT device.

So if I backup my service books from my BB 8900 I can then use the same servicebooks on my Storm 2 9550?