Page 1 of 13 123456 ... LastLast

This is considering you already have the device unlocked and have an AT&T SIM card ... BlackBerry Storm forum

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3

How-To Make Your Storm Work on AT&T And T-Mobile

Advertisement

This is considering you already have the device unlocked and have an AT&T SIM card that has a BlackBerry Plan.

Ok, first download the attached file. It's generic AT&T service books.

Then on your computer go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\OS version\Java. Select File>create new folder and name is ATT. Then find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_dameon and click and drag the module into the new folder you just made.

Put in the AT&T sim card>plug in device>open DM>Apploader>Add/remove programs and step your way through. It will then remove the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module.

Now Open the Dm again>Backup/restore>Advanced. On the right will be the Storms info and service books, etc. On the box to the left select file>open and select the file you downloaded. Once it's in the box on the left, click once to highlight, then click the bottom arrow(which moves what's in the left box to the right). Then go back to main menu of DM.

Go back to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\Loader\OS version\Java and go into the folder you created named ATT. Right click the module>Cut>Go back to main Java folder and paste it back.

Exit out. Plug in device>Open DM>apploader>add/remove> and step your way through. You will see net_rim_bb_browser_dameon.cod file being replaced.

Now go to AT&T BIS Page log in and resend your service books. Then on your Storm go to Option>Advanced Options>TCP APN should say APN: wap.cingular Username:WAP@CINGULARGPS.COM Password: CINGULAR1

Sorry I didn't include screen shots. But this will get what you want. The Storm will not work on AT&T's 3G network.

Thanks to Pltaylor for the service books.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 05-16-2009 at 12:50 AM. Reason: fixed link format

Ok for you T-Mobile users, make the new folder in the Java folder named Tmobile.

Here are the APN settings for T-Mobile

Option>Advanced Options>TCP APN APN: wap.voicestream.com
    and nothing goes under username and password. Also log into the T-Mobile BIS Page and resend service books.
    Attached Files Attached Files

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Rogers Service Books not attached as I didnt need them when I setup my storm on the Rogers Network

APN Settings:

internet.com
    nothing under username and password.

OR (if it doesnt work)

internet.com
    user: wapuser1
    pass: wap
    Last edited by ranxoren; 12-08-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks Ranxoren. I know it works, but I hope members that do this post and confirm in case any members are skeptical. But this works, 110% guaranteed.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

pltaylor no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey Bro, You want to mention where you got this and maybe give credit where credit is due?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by pltaylor View Post
    Hey Bro, You want to mention where you got this and maybe give credit where credit is due?
    Can i ask who you are referring to ?
    Karabear or myself ?

If you are talking to me, i personally made those service books backup especially for this thread.

If you are talking to KaraBear please be a little more subtle as she is a GREAT user and i am sure she would have linked back to somewhere else had she "stole" this as you allude to.
    And yes i wrote "SHE" so no "bro" here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Can i ask who you are referring to ?
    Karabear or myself ?

If you are talking to me, i personally made those service books backup especially for this thread.

If you are talking to KaraBear please be a little more subtle as she is a GREAT user and i am sure she would have linked back to somewhere else had she "stole" this as you allude to.
    And yes i wrote "SHE" so no "bro" here.

Thanks
    I put this together 2 months ago. I'm happy for all those that have benefited. But those claiming it as there own know where they got it.

http :// forums.crackberry.com/ showthread.php?t=81554&page=5
    http :// forums.crackberry.com /f83/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-mobile-w-unlocked-bold-revised-100324/
    http: // forums.crackberry.com/f86/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-mobile-w-unlocked-storm-95xx-106023/
    http: // forums.crackberry.com/f86/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-w-unlocked-storm-95xx-107154/
    Last edited by pltaylor; 12-06-2008 at 10:30 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ill let you two discuss this then.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It's no big deal. I'm not trying to start crap. Got miffed at first. But it's all over the net now. I was never trying to get famous just helping people out. Recognition would be the Stand up thing to do though.
    Last edited by pltaylor; 12-06-2008 at 11:19 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by pltaylor View Post
    It's no big deal. I'm not trying to start crap. Got miffed at first. But it's all over the net now. I was never trying to get famous just helping people out. Recognition would be the Stand up thing to do though.
    Well then thank you sir!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    back to the original post...this allows you to use your carriers SIM in the STORM but still no 3G capabilities right?

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    i smell a fraud >.<
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

bbslice no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437ACFE
    Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    back to the original post...this allows you to use your carriers SIM in the STORM but still no 3G capabilities right?

CORRECT! 3G will not work EDGE will.
    i'm addicted.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    Correct as the Storm does not have the NAM 3G frequency built in. Verizon KNEW that people would unlock it for ATT and TMO and it is probably the reason why.
    Now having said that i am going to contradict myself as the Vodafone one doesnt have it either yet, why would you not put it in so when UK people roam in the US or Canada they can have 3G.
    I think and i am almost sure that RIM has a NAM 3G GSM version coming ... i also remember reading a FCC thing about it.

Page 1 of 13 123456 ... LastLast