Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

And here I thought I was being picky about my screen good to know there's ... BlackBerry Storm forum

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0

Advertisement

And here I thought I was being picky about my screen good to know there's a fix!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    There not in kit form just 95% finished. U just need to work out what needs finishing.
    Wow... You got the deluxe kit. Mine was the standard kit. Only 50% pre - assembled...ha..ha..ha...

sent via BlackBerry Bold #6

What? Six Bolds?
    Yeah...I've never been a good model builder... Heh!

austinstout no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Wow... You got the deluxe kit. Mine was the standard kit. Only 50% pre - assembled...ha..ha..ha...

What? Six Bolds?
    Yeah...I've never been a good model builder... Heh!

I can cuncur.... I have 6 curves before I got one that worked right also... On another note I did the card mod this morning and I FOR SURE have better clicking... What could be the down falls to this mod? MAybe some overheating when charging? Any ideas? I guess I am going into the store today to see about a replacement.... But after 6 curves I am kinda gun shy due to all the hassles
    Newb.... But learning something new everyday

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by austinstout View Post
    I can cuncur.... I have 6 curves before I got one that worked right also... On another note I did the card mod this morning and I FOR SURE have better clicking... What could be the down falls to this mod? MAybe some overheating when charging? Any ideas? I guess I am going into the store today to see about a replacement.... But after 6 curves I am kinda gun shy due to all the hassles
    others will probably disagree but if it were me and it was working well...i would keep it. it shouldn't cause any problems.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    others will probably disagree but if it were me and it was working well...i would keep it. it shouldn't cause any problems.
    I could not agree more. The "card fix" is a good one. Getting a better one is too risky. Enjoy this one, its the best way to go

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post

PIN/ID
    wut?
    i'll add this about the card fix. mine was working great, i tried the card fix and couldn't decide if it helped or not. a few days later i took it out....seemed to be not quite as snappy so i put it back in.

ok so heres another questin for the bb gods... what if anything can I do about the screen freezing in landscape mode so much.... i will pick it up from sleep and it will be in landscape mode and no matter witch way i turn it it stays??? after i open a few programs it will figure its self out and go right side up... will this phone always be this way? man I am kinda wishing verizon had the bold?
    Last edited by austinstout; 12-19-2008 at 01:50 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    no the phone is NOT supposed to be that way. Heres another reason to request a replacement.
    Honestly i would go the Archer way, get as many replacement as needed until you get a properly working one.
    I got my first storm. I was working okay, sluggish, accelerometer would mess up sometimes but not a lot - it was an OKAY storm i KNEW it could be better.
    Also on that one I, too, needed the card trick.

Got another one. ALL THE ISSUES ARE GONE.
    Clicking is amazing straight out of the box, accelerometer is perfect, NO LAG whatsoever.

Honestly again, use your 30 days over the counter exchange while you still can. I dont know how many times ive said this but its true. Use it while you still can.
    You will HATE yourself if those issues slowly get worst and worst and then on the 35th day you cant stand it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    no the phone is NOT supposed to be that way. Heres another reason to request a replacement.
    Honestly i would go the Archer way, get as many replacement as needed until you get a properly working one.
    I got my first storm. I was working okay, sluggish, accelerometer would mess up sometimes but not a lot - it was an OKAY storm i KNEW it could be better.
    Also on that one I, too, needed the card trick.

Got another one. ALL THE ISSUES ARE GONE.
    Clicking is amazing straight out of the box, accelerometer is perfect, NO LAG whatsoever.

Honestly again, use your 30 days over the counter exchange while you still can. I dont know how many times ive said this but its true. Use it while you still can.
    You will HATE yourself if those issues slowly get worst and worst and then on the 35th day you cant stand it anymore.
    So true. Believe me it was a long frustratin SIX weeks of getting defective Bold after Bold. But in the end it was worth it.

Advise taken. My new phone will be here sometime monday or tuesday.... gooood I hope this fixes it

Quote Originally Posted by austinstout View Post
    Advise taken. My new phone will be here sometime monday or tuesday.... gooood I hope this fixes it
    You have odds in your favor and RIM is good at making rolling changes. Each of the one of the Six Bolds I got, were a bit better than the one before it. I'm glad that I didn't give up. In my case AT&T confirmed the problems as unrepairable at this time.

So keep thinking positive and let us know how you are enjoying the new one, once it arrives.

Cheers...

Thx for everyones support. This is a great site! I will keep
    U peeps updated

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Glad to see you listened to me - you wont regret it. And if you do then order ANOTHER replacement
    You WILL find the perfect storm there are many out there catstide and I both have an amazing storm

wffjr3782 no está en línea Stack level 1
    yeah mine has trouble clicking on the edges now..... i got it over the phone with a verizon customer service rep. and i officialy got it on the 8th of december. so i have 30 days to maybe get a new one? can i just got to an official verizon store and show them the problems and get a new one? i dont want a refurbed piece of crap, do they have to give me a new on inside the 30 days?

B

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast