Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

this was meant to be a thread to see if anyone else was having memory ... BlackBerry Storm forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Advertisement

this was meant to be a thread to see if anyone else was having memory leaks with their storm,not another" storm haters united" thread.

i think what happened to me at first might have just been something weird going on. i have since seen leak(all berries do it as far as i know) but nothing like the original post. i just did a soft reset and have 45mb. i will see how it goes today.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    mine consistently drops from 50 on a battery pull to 25 an hour later with no programs running. thats just with the storm sitting on the table untouched
    "CENSORED"

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamallica View Post
    Yeah...but I don't consider having 40mb free a "ton" of memory....Don't get me wrong, I'm never going to own anything but a Blackberry, but I don't know why they lack in the memory department....Windows mobile devices let you set the RAM vs ROM and will warn you if it gets low....the iPhone allots all its memory to either RAM or ROM - you can install 15GB of applications and still have 1GB for RAM and messages....I would kill to be able to put 15GB of apps on my Pearl....

Right now I only have a few apps on my Pearl - Opera mini, Viigo, a gameboy emulator, two games, and a couple other small apps.....At a maximum, I only get 10mb free - even after deleting all the themes, preloaded ringtones etc....

There are at least 10 more apps I've had to install and uninstall when I need to use them (namely Skype and AIM)....why can't they just install more memory, or at least allow the expansion card to house applications or even messages.....

Blackberry needs to do something about their memory issues - if they did, they would have a PERFECT phone. I really thought they were going to deal with this with the release of the Bold and Storm...
    I'm not sure of what you mean by "set RAM vs. ROM" You can't physically change the amount of RAM or ROM that your device has, and they are 2 different things, physically. RAM i s volatile, i.e. nothing is "stored" there permanently per se. Only things currently being accesed br the processor are there, for example the Operating system is stored on its own partition of the ROM, but a portion of it is ALWAYS running in RAM because obviously your OS is always running when your phone is running. What you are referring to I believe is the ability to use flash memory as running program space (a page file of sorts). Yes you can do this on winmo, but it is largely ineffective due to the major speed differences in read and write speeds between flash and RAM, and the work the processor has to do to access that flash memory... In essence, the 128mB of RAM that the Storm has should be plenty, and a decent OS update should take care of the leak issues. The 1GB of flash is a bonus as you can store all your apps there, and save your external storage (microsd) for your media alone...

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by psyko825 View Post
    mine consistently drops from 50 on a battery pull to 25 an hour later with no programs running. thats just with the storm sitting on the table untouched
    what all apps do you have loaded? something is running in the background eating it up.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry cat, i didn't mean to hate on the storm.

I want to like this BB.

shagvirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    My memory is at 52.5mb. having aim running in backround. i deleted the VZnav i had installed. Voice email app was never installed when i updated my software from my dead battery fubar thread.

Going to install the VZnav when i get home from work to test the phone responce.

I hope an OS update can clear these bugs i face every day.

EDIT:: 8 hours later memory at 47.5
    Last edited by shagvirus; 11-26-2008 at 04:36 AM.

XxJzOxX no está en línea Stack level 1
    yo my storm is fine, mine got 2 gig on-board and 8 gig media card. i dont lose memory.?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12