Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

mine seems to have a huge memory drop. i'm coming from a pearl so i'm ... BlackBerry Storm forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

how bout memory leak?

Advertisement

mine seems to have a huge memory drop. i'm coming from a pearl so i'm a habitual memory checker...maybe that will pass with time. when i checked this morning it was on 52(the highest i have seen yet on it) right now it was down to 13. i did a battery pull and now it's 47. hows everyone elses memory doing?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    Just under 26mbs.

I find my Pearl freezes when it is locked and I go to see what calls I've missed. When I go to place call (to see call list) it locks, and I have to pull the battery. Happens once or twice a day, and it really pisses me off.

dparks69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    mine stays pretty consistent going from 43 to 32 or so after a battery pull. granted i deleted vznavigator and the visual voicemail too. before it was as low as 18 but mostly stayed around 25 or so.

Adamallica no está en línea Stack level 1
    Why the heck is the memory so low?! I thought this thing was supposed to have a gig of on-board memory....Are you not able to allocate any amount to applications and RAM? If that's the case, how much memory did they leave for applications?

I can't believe they still are this low with memory......cut me a break....

PIN/ID
    wut?
    it has 128 flash, 1 gb on board and 8gb card

But when I went to the Verizon store, it said it only had 15mb of free application space....so is the 128 flash for all running programs and applications? What about calendar events and emails? Is that part of the 1GB or 128?

fox581 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the 8130 and the highest I have seen mine is 14 how does everyone average 25 I only have a few third party apps

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamallica View Post
    But when I went to the Verizon store, it said it only had 15mb of free application space....so is the 128 flash for all running programs and applications? What about calendar events and emails? Is that part of the 1GB or 128?
    i'm assuming calendar and emails are part of the flash. my onboard has hardly been touched...total =879.2 free space=874.9

Then what's the point of the on-board flash?! This is a complete deal-breaker for me....having to constantly monitor my memory and not being able to install 5% of all the applications I would like to have is the only thing I don't like about my Pearl....when I heard the Storm had 1GB, I was really excited.....

But, of course they wouldn't allow you to actually use the space......unbelievable....

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Then what's the point of the on-board flash?! This is a complete deal-breaker for me....having to constantly monitor my memory and not being able to install 5% of all the applications I would like to have is the only thing I don't like about my Pearl....when I heard the Storm had 1GB, I was really excited.....

But, of course they wouldn't allow you to actually use the space......unbelievable....
    i believe it's a bit more technical than "they wouldn't allow us to use it". i'm no techie but i assume if you put enough apps on it to fill up 1gb of flash it would run like a snail.
    i guess the 1gb onboard is for storage only.

PIN/ID
    wut?

but don't be scared away because of that.there is actually tons of memory.i was just asking about a possible leak. os upgrades usually help that too. i'm sitting on 40 mb now.

Yeah...but I don't consider having 40mb free a "ton" of memory....Don't get me wrong, I'm never going to own anything but a Blackberry, but I don't know why they lack in the memory department....Windows mobile devices let you set the RAM vs ROM and will warn you if it gets low....the iPhone allots all its memory to either RAM or ROM - you can install 15GB of applications and still have 1GB for RAM and messages....I would kill to be able to put 15GB of apps on my Pearl....

Right now I only have a few apps on my Pearl - Opera mini, Viigo, a gameboy emulator, two games, and a couple other small apps.....At a maximum, I only get 10mb free - even after deleting all the themes, preloaded ringtones etc....

There are at least 10 more apps I've had to install and uninstall when I need to use them (namely Skype and AIM)....why can't they just install more memory, or at least allow the expansion card to house applications or even messages.....

Blackberry needs to do something about their memory issues - if they did, they would have a PERFECT phone. I really thought they were going to deal with this with the release of the Bold and Storm...

dparks69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ that's always been something my friends and I have always wondered. Why can't you store apps on a sd card? That would make things so much nicer.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I average around 10-15MB of space, sometimes lower, sometimes higher. I have had to delete 2 custom themes plus other apps to get back around 10 MB.

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds like this Storm isn't everything it was hoped to be.....

How do they continue to have memory leaks???? Can't RIM make decent software? This is suppose to be the iPhone KILLER, wtf?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast