Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Okay, I've got my 9530 working. The problem, I have no host routing tables. I'm ... BlackBerry Storm forum

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional

Host Routing Tables

Advertisement

Okay, I've got my 9530 working. The problem, I have no host routing tables. I'm on a CDMA network and my phone calls and my texts work. I have no data, and I am paying for the data.

I'm missing all my internet time too, I'm feenin for the net and messenger. It's killing me slowly.

Someone please, HELP me.

It might be a while before I get back here, so if you leave a solution and I don't respond, be patient. I will acknowledge any information when possible.

Thanks in advance.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

Themetria no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi Getsugatensho,

I may be asking an obvious question but have you ensured you are viewing the right menu? It is located in the main menu under Options, then Advanced Options and you should see Host Routing Table listed there.

If you are looking there but you cannot see the option, I think some additional details will be very useful for us to try and help you best. What operating system version are you running on your device and have you checked your carrier BlackBerry download website to see if there is a newer version. This may be easily corrected by updating the operating system.

Also, have you attempted wiping the handheld? This will wipe all data on your BlackBerry so ensure you have it saved elsewhere or backed up via Desktop Manager before attempting this method.

My apologies if you have already attempted these suggestions. Please let us know the outcome of the above so other users and myself can consider what other options you may need to take. Personally, I think the OS update should clear things up for you.

Good luck.

hust no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3096DC78
    When u r in host routing table. Press menu then select
    Register now
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    3096DC78
    No need for wiping handheld. I am a blackberry tec rep for T-mobile
    I do this with customers everyday. Let me know how it went

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Agreed, there is no reason to wipe the handheld. Just sounds like you need to register the device as stated above.

I am also impressed to see an actual rep have a real solution. That doesn't happen often...lol.

PIN/ID
    3096DC78
    Thanks.

I did all the above.

In my HRT option, I have no entries. That's what I'm looking for, a way to get my HRTs back. And when I do go in and hit the menu and register, all it says is message sent. i don't get anything. Why? I don't have any data coming to my phone. That's why.

As far as the data goes, I guess that would coincide with the HRTs, but without those I can't register anything.

Does anybody have the necessary browser and provisioning service books? And if so, how would I go about putting them on my phone without the data service? I don't know if that would really make a difference but I think it's worth a shot. I'm willing to try almost anything. I want my BBM back.
    Last edited by getsugatensho; 05-18-2009 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themetria View Post
    Hi Getsugatensho,

I may be asking an obvious question but have you ensured you are viewing the right menu? It is located in the main menu under Options, then Advanced Options and you should see Host Routing Table listed there.

If you are looking there but you cannot see the option, I think some additional details will be very useful for us to try and help you best. What operating system version are you running on your device and have you checked your carrier BlackBerry download website to see if there is a newer version. This may be easily corrected by updating the operating system.

Also, have you attempted wiping the handheld? This will wipe all data on your BlackBerry so ensure you have it saved elsewhere or backed up via Desktop Manager before attempting this method.

My apologies if you have already attempted these suggestions. Please let us know the outcome of the above so other users and myself can consider what other options you may need to take. Personally, I think the OS update should clear things up for you.

Good luck.

All my info is in my profile.

I've wiped my handheld about 12 times.

And the operating system has nothing to do with the HRTs and service books.

Thanks for your suggestion tho. Along with the others that have posted. Any suggestions are welcome.

Themetria no está en línea Stack level 2
    I also provide technical support for BlackBerry as my profession, however I simply misunderstood the original poster. I thought the issue was that the user did not have the Host Routing Table menu option available on their device, as opposed to simply not having any host routing tables themselves.

If you want to take over this issue, Hust, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Themetria View Post
    I also provide technical support for BlackBerry as my profession, however I simply misunderstood the original poster. I thought the issue was that the user did not have the Host Routing Table menu option available on their device, as opposed to simply not having any host routing tables themselves.

If you want to take over this issue, Hust, be my guest.

Actually the original poster being me, would like you to keep with the issues at hand. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, I'm open eared.

I've tried what hust suggested and it didn't work.

PIN/ID
    3096DC78
    If your device will not do it because you data service not working, then u will have to call your provider. They have way of sending them to u when u can't do it from your own. Or if u have had them before and backed it up then restore your device to and older restore point. Try this then get back

Quote Originally Posted by hust View Post
    If your device will not do it because you data service not working, then u will have to call your provider. They have way of sending them to u when u can't do it from your own. Or if u have had them before and backed it up then restore your device to and older restore point. Try this then get back

That is a good idea. I haven't thought of that. I have been using the backup I made on the day my old phone was cut off. But I did it before it was cut, I don't know if that's the problem but I will give it a shot.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Qustion? Do you have a browser icon?
    And also what carrier are you on?

I do in my background apps. And I'm on a carrier that doesn't no I have a storm. So if possible, I'd rather keep that quiet.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Don't you have the icon onthe apps screen?
    If you click on it what happens?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast