Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

quicklaunch is a problem with 141. everyone is getting the flicker. i downgraded back to ... BlackBerry Storm forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Advertisement

quicklaunch is a problem with 141. everyone is getting the flicker. i downgraded back to 132. i think it is a better build. quicklaunch will work with 132.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

ShellyMiddleton no está en línea Stack level 2
    QuickLaunch still has problems. I guess it just doesn't get along with the .141 beta. There are still a few issues, but overall this new OS is MUCH better than .75. Thanks again Catstide and tripdog.

ShellyMiddleton no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just saw your post Catstide after I did my post. Glad to know the QL flicker has been recognized. Maybe it'll get fixed in future updates. :-)

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    .141 is 30 hrs and still flawless so far
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

kabeeo no está en línea Stack level 2
    Oh just forget it, now it IS May. Why doesn't Verizon just issue a press release saying that the Storm launch was a disaster and they no longer intend to support the phone. They can just issue coupons to switch to AT&T while they're at it.

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    it really is a shame.

I run into people everyday who have no idea what i'm talking about when i mention the fact that i use beta OS's and that the phone is WORLDS better with them than it is with the stock OS... its horrible because everyone complains about their phone and how it always freezes and turns off and reboots and locks up

i completely forgot about those problems and those are the basic functions of the phone how can you just let that continue if your verizon and the storm is your flagship bb!?!?

its simply irresponsible.
    «BlackBerry: Storm 9530»

You're right Brad, its terrible. I am too nervous to go with the Beta's but am going to have to do something. The Custom Ringers just don't work right with the vibrate mode, etc. Every other carrier has released an update except Verizon. They are no doubt trying to figure out how to maximinze their return on it. And now RIM is talking about the Storm 2. Great!

PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    honestly, I dont know how this phone is surviving without having made one of these OS's at least temporarily "official" lol...

the beta OS's are extremely low risk. anything that you do can be reversed and any data you may lose can be backed up prior to installation and restored to any device.

I'd highly suggest doing it - you'll see a world you never thought possible... one where the storm REALLY COMPETES with the iPhail in my opinion!

Its remarkable how much better the storm is even from .76 to .90... then imagine we're on .141 =) it really is the ONLY WAY to REALLY enjoy your blackberry storm the way it was intended in the research and development rooms at RIM =P

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love Verizon's fast Rev A internet, but nothing more. I have the Storm as well and I think this has gone past ridiculous.

I realize it was "new". It's not new anymore. Now this has gone to the point of irresponsible for Verizon.

And the rest of their phones are no good for what I want to do, so I'm sort of stuck right now. I'm using the beta .119 or whatever and it still sucks. I can go to the older Curve but I lose net speed if I did that and the good screen.

Better than .75 yes, but still irritating.

And I see they have now delayed the 9050 or whatever it will be called until June or July. Looks like they can't get that one right either.

If ATT introduces some sort of myfavs or friends and family thing like TMO and VZW, I think I may be the first to bolt the ship.

As it stands now I'm considering moving back to TMO. The G1 was a lot better than this thing.

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    Shouldnt we change this thread to say Hey VERIZON,,, DAMMIT ITS FREAKIN MAY....lol

6s1d9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kabeeo View Post
    You're right Brad, its terrible. I am too nervous to go with the Beta's but am going to have to do something. The Custom Ringers just don't work right with the vibrate mode, etc. Every other carrier has released an update except Verizon. They are no doubt trying to figure out how to maximinze their return on it. And now RIM is talking about the Storm 2. Great!
    I was, at first, EXTREEMLY nervous about upgrading but after some research and some comforting advice from Catstide I went ahead and loaded my storm with .132 and not only was it easy but my phone is SOOOOOO much better. I never really experienced any major issues with .75 but I can still notice improvments with it now. Go ahead and hook yourself up with .132 or .141 you won't even be sweating an "official" release.. To me, if it happens it happens.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I DL'd .141, removed the vendor.xml file from the directory and then clicked on the .141 software in the software updater. But then the next screen told me that no updates are required. What does that mean? Am i doing something wrong?

PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    To update:
    uninstall any previous device software from comp...

Then install new OS.

At this point DM should recognize the OS differences and it should let you upgrade.. if it doesn't let me know and I'll try to steer you in the right direction!

I'm not sure which device software you are referring to. Is it the .75? If so where is it located in my computer--I can't find it. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    Start > Control Panel > Add\Remove Software > Device software - just remove what ever you have leaving only Desktop Software

And by "device software" and "remove whatever you have" I mean pertaining to your Blackberry device!! =)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast