Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by kabeeo That's right, May. And still no official update in sight. What ... BlackBerry Storm forum

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by kabeeo View Post
    That's right, May. And still no official update in sight. What the heck is taking so long? My ringers are officially out of control. How about updating the software before you lose any credibility with the Storm?
    Hey kabeeo. It's almost May.
    How about updating to .132 with another carriers or a hybrid?
    How about blaming RIM for the Storm OS and not VZW?
    How about VZW testing the software that RIM can't seem to get right?

And how about that statement that the CEO from RIM made about the Storms OS?

You can have valid complaints about the Storm, but place the blame where it belongs!

I have 2 Storms running OS .132 and they are almost flawless so far.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

crzydjm no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3060667a
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    Hey kabeeo. It's almost May.
    How about updating to .132 with another carriers or a hybrid?
    How about blaming RIM for the Storm OS and not VZW?
    How about VZW testing the software that RIM can't seem to get right?

And how about that statement that the CEO from RIM made about the Storms OS?

You can have valid complaints about the Storm, but place the blame where it belongs!

I have 2 Storms running OS .132 and they are almost flawless so far.
    I have the same complaint as the original poster, but I'm on .75 still; using .132 would be GREAT!

Patiently waiting on VZ to get their thumbs out of their rectums.

About to scratch waiting and just take one of the leaked .132's

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    The .132 OS will work on ALL Storms.
    If you wait for VZW, you will still get the same OS from RIM.

What are you waiting for?

"Just Do It"
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Toochief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A007B0
    I downloaded the .132 to my desktop. Do I need to move that to a different folder cause when I follow your directions, it just shows me my appllications loaded.

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Quote Originally Posted by Toochief View Post
    I downloaded the .132 to my desktop. Do I need to move that to a different folder cause when I follow your directions, it just shows me my appllications loaded.
    After you download and install the os on your computer go to the search button on your computer highlight the all files and folders option. In the search box type vendor.xml. When your computer finds the folder just delete it. Now connect your storm to the computer and open the desktop manager. Your computer should recognize the os now follow the prompt step by step. Then you should be done. Do not unplug or tamper with the storm during the update.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 6s1d9 View Post
    I'm not gonna lie to you. I've seen the instructions for upgrading and personally, I'd have equall success reparing the space shuttle. It just seems way to complicated. I once upgraded my moto q and it was a simple plug it in and press go. I have the same issues as everyone else with .75 but just don't know enough about this stuff to risk it. There's gotta be a room full of smart people creating official upgrades, why don't they just release them already! Ughh : (
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    upgrading your OS is not hard, even if it is from a different vendor.
    all you need to do is download the OS for your device. go to:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor file. after that the OS will load onto your phone no problem.
    the only thing to really keep in mind is make sure you get an os FOR YOUR PHONE.
    I mean your EXACT model. for instance, an 8130 OS will not work for the 8120.

if you need ANY help with this please don't hesitate to ask

Quote Originally Posted by jdk2 View Post
    On your computer, go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader. In that folder should be a file named vendor.xml. Delete it. In the same folder, locate Loader.exe. Clicking on that file will load the OS on your phone without the use of the Desktop Manager. Your phone will need to be plugged into the USB port before using the Loader.exe.

didn't even realize your perfect response was right under the guy I was also trying to help
    haha
    figures! well do it twice make sure that file is gone!
    ;-)
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

ShellyMiddleton no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    Do you have any friends with a PC that you could "borrow" for a little bit? Surely you must know someone...?
    Is it easy to install an update using someone else's PC? How is this done? I have heard that the new official OTA update is coming out around the first of May. If this is true, would it be worth it to install the beta? Will a beta mess up my ability to install official OTA updates? If anyone knows the answers to these questions, please let me know. Thanks!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellyMiddleton View Post
    Is it easy to install an update using someone else's PC? yes. How is this done? just follow one of the help threads in here..if interested i or someone else will locate one for you.I have heard that the new official OTA update is coming out around the first of May. If this is true, would it be worth it to install the beta?i would say yes. by the time vz releases an update,it will probably be outdated. Will a beta mess up my ability to install official OTA updates? no If anyone knows the answers to these questions, please let me know. Thanks!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Okay catstide! I have had enough of .75. Which is the best thread to follow to learn how to install the latest beta? Thanks for your help.

tripdog no está en línea Stack level 1
    i ain't hard to install at all.....just download the os for your phone as stated before model for model...install it, then go to program files/commonfiles/research in motion/apploader......then delete the vendor file, plug in your phone, then run the loader.exe file in the apploader folder and follow the instructions and thus your phone will be updated......

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellyMiddleton View Post
    Okay catstide! I have had enough of .75. Which is the best thread to follow to learn how to install the latest beta? Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripdog View Post
    i ain't hard to install at all.....just download the os for your phone as stated before model for model...install it, then go to program files/commonfiles/research in motion/apploader......then delete the vendor file, plug in your phone, then run the loader.exe file in the apploader folder and follow the instructions and thus your phone will be updated......
    ^^^ what tripdog said.you can download the latest bets os's here. you might want to read over this thread before you start.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Thanks to both of you! I'll let you know how it turns out.

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    You know its bad when the techs in the verizon store tell you to try the Beta OSs

Okay, I installed the beta version .141. Overall my Storm seems more stable, but any application I have that uses GPS does not seem to work. Also, my QuickLaunch menu keeps flashing. Does anyone else have any of these issues?

I did another restore from the backup I made before I did the update. Everything seems to be working now except QuickLaunch. I will try to uninstall QuickLaunch and reinstall it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast