Hello, I need help for my best friend. she is totally out of her element ... BlackBerry Storm forum

714Rae no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Help: Storm disappearing keyboard

Advertisement

Hello,

I need help for my best friend. she is totally out of her element and is frustrated she can not send any emails or texts due to her disappearing keyboard.

I have searched the stacks but have not found anything. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    If any issues with my themes are found, please inform me so I can fix them :)

Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible. ~Anonymous

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    What do you mean by disappearing keyboard? Can you expand on this a bit?

Well, without repeating the cuss words LOL she said that she can not compose any text or emails or even call out because she has no keyboard. She said that the only calls she can make are from her phone log. so it seems as if the phone responds to touch but the keyboard isnt around. i hope that makes sense.

i told her to pull the battery and she said there is still no keyboard. I just asked her to see if she mistakenly hid her keyboard but she said nope. she is not a technical person at all so it could very well be user error.

I dont know how to help her at this point. i know it has brought her to tears and her busy working schedule has kept me from being able to fix it myslef or for her to visit a verizon store.

Thank you for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    What do you mean by disappearing keyboard? Can you expand on this a bit?

Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible. ~Anonymous

If she go to SMS, hits her Menu button, does it give her an option to show keyboard?

I asked her that and she said no, but i just text'd her and copied your response and told her you were an expert so maybe she will try again and we will get a different result. she just got the phone and she hated the last phone she had.... I am the one that sold her on the Blackberry-so i feel bad, she HATES it LOL -but *i* would have started her off with the pearl LOL.

Any other suggestions? i await her response and i will let yuo know. thanks so much!!!

If she go to SMS, hits her Menu button, does it give her an option to show keyboard?

Since it's her first Blackberry, I can see how she would be frustrated. Tell her to just relax, and take a deep breath. It might even be beneficial if you can get her to join here so she can post her responses herself and get the interaction...

Since it's new, I'm assuming she hasn't done any OS updates to it. That was a good call on the battery pull.

Ask her if at the bottom of her screen when she's trying to send a text if she sees a little keyboard button in the lower left hand corner.

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did you try upgrading to a different OS or wiping whole OS and installing it all over again ? I bet she has some important stuff on her phone so try to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trongod View Post
    Did you try upgrading to a different OS or wiping whole OS and installing it all over again ? I bet she has some important stuff on her phone so try to back it up.
    That might be jumping the gun at this point in the game. She's a brand new BB user and isn't used to the phone. It may be necessary at some point, but since she just got her Storm, I'll assume she is running .75 on it.

I was able to connect with my friend today and fixed her phone. i must say the keyboard / touch screen does suck. the temporary fix.... i set her side button to display the virtual keyboard LOL. she is runnign .75 she has the 9530 and i thought i read somewhere that there was an .83 and a .85 OS release which addresses the keyboard/touch screen.

thank you very much for your help! She is happy now .... for the time being.

That might be jumping the gun at this point in the game. She's a brand new BB user and isn't used to the phone. It may be necessary at some point, but since she just got her Storm, I'll assume she is running .75 on it.

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    Still, it would not hurt to upgrade her OS so next time she wont be looking for 714Rae :P
    STORM 9530 OS 4.7.0.122v3.5h