Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Storm show "Device Error: 407". I tried using JL_Cmdr, but it doesn't say its ... BlackBerry Storm forum

eskay3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help Storm Bricked...Device Error 407

Advertisement

My Storm show "Device Error: 407". I tried using JL_Cmdr, but it doesn't say its been wiped, it'll say connecting then after a while it goes back to the main screen. But the device won't say "Error 507". And when I try to reload it by using AppLoader I keep getting "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stageg load operation". I've gone through this cycle atleast 10 times. What else can I do? Any help is greatly apprceated.
    Thanks

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Did you follow the instructions here? Or possibly this guide? I just want to eliminate possibilities here first.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You may have to use a utility like Crackutil to do a file and system wipe (seperately) to get it to complete the wipe. I recall seeing that message before on a BB and it appeared to have been wiped by JL but wasn't completely wiped. Using CrackUtil I was able to get a 507 and continue on like normal.

Zo

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    I've had the issue that you're having with JL_Cmdr. However, it was just that the BlackBerry was not being actually recognized by the computer. Disconnect the cable and plug it into another USB, should be fine after that. It's finiky, if the same USB is used for a long period of time, it stops working. I've had this happen numberous times already.

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Did you follow the instructions here? Or possibly this guide? I just want to eliminate possibilities here first.
    I followed the steps for using JL_Cmdr. Where do i find the Blackberry java developers kit? is it the same thing as the Blackberry java developement environment?

Quote Originally Posted by Grafixx01 View Post
    I've had the issue that you're having with JL_Cmdr. However, it was just that the BlackBerry was not being actually recognized by the computer. Disconnect the cable and plug it into another USB, should be fine after that. It's finiky, if the same USB is used for a long period of time, it stops working. I've had this happen numberous times already.

I tried using different USB ports, even a different computer but no luck

The battery also doesn't charge in the phone, however the phone does power on when connected to a charger or usb cable and initial does connect to the computer. Is this because of a bad charging/usb port on the phone or something else internal. And would this be the cause for it not reconnecting during the reload process?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    The charging issue could be completely related to the lack of software on the phone telling it how to charge. Have you tried CrackUtil yet?

Zo

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    The charging issue could be completely related to the lack of software on the phone telling it how to charge. Have you tried CrackUtil yet?

Zo

Trying it now but its taking a long time to retrieve OS version even though there is no os on the device

I dont think CrackUtil detects the phone. I tried it on a xp and it says password incorrect or phone not connected. I tried with "0000" and it still didnt work. Anything else I can try?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Ouch. That isn't a kiss of death but it isn't a very good sign either. You may have to go to command prompt level (can't remember if the instructions had that in there or not) to wipe the unit.

Zo

I took it to get it fixed and they tried and told me it was a hardware problem that only RIM could fix but I don't think they are certified or anything. I'll try to search for instructions on using command prompt but that might be a little to advanced for me.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had this happen on a 7105t 3 years ago and my 8120 has been doing the same thing. Sounds like a broken USB port. But be careful with the warranty (I just noticed u were using a Storm which isn't even a year old yet). Warranty will not cover it (unless that's changed with T-Mo's policy. Don't know about other carriers). I had to fork out the charge on the next bill.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Most repair centers are not certified for working on BB's. The carrier supported warranty repair centers and Blackberry Repair shop in Houston are the only ones that I know of right off hand that are certified to work on BB devices in the US.

Zo

I hope I can find someone in Toronto to fix it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast