Can ANYONE help resolve the issue I'm having with my phone? I have tried several ... BlackBerry Storm forum

hsvideoman56 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question HELP!!!! Storm 2 9550 Unlocked and used on AT&T

Advertisement

Can ANYONE help resolve the issue I'm having with my phone? I have tried several different Service Books and several different ways people have suggested with NO luck getting this phone to receive MMS. Can send MMS and do I think everything-else. I have talked with At&t several times to make sure it is not on there end.
    Running v5.0.0.517.
    Also, everytime I restart or do a battery pull I lose most of the service books and have to reinstall again. Any suggestions on this?
    Thank You in advance for all help

half_pass no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sorry, I havent really found any permanent fix for the mms issue. Everytime I reboot the phone, I loose the mms files from the service books too. I have researched and asked questions in several different forums. I have called At&T tech and RIM without any help. The funny thing is I had a S1 on AT&T and never had any issues with losing any functions, other than slacker radio and weather apps didnt really work too good on it. Good luck, if you find out something post it.
    Learning where the search button is....

hsvideoman56 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Storm 2 9550

Thank You for the reply. As of yet I too still have not found a fix for this either. Sure would be nice if this could get resloved. If I stumble onto a fix I will let you know.
    Thanks Again

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just another quick question, all my calls come is a unknown number on my unlocked 9550. Is there a way to fix this. Thanks

nickabis no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3054B974
    Here is a link to the site I used for my unlocked storm 9530. I send and receive mms, txt, email, use internet. Pretty much everything, but I don't have 3G speeds, I haven't found a fix to that yet. I imagine the service books are the same. This gives instructions on how to load it to your phone. I hope this helps. Let me know.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-t-mobile.html

Tbaby731 no está en línea Stack level 1

Still need help

Quote Originally Posted by hsvideoman56 View Post
    Can ANYONE help resolve the issue I'm having with my phone? I have tried several different Service Books and several different ways people have suggested with NO luck getting this phone to receive MMS. Can send MMS and do I think everything-else. I have talked with At&t several times to make sure it is not on there end.
    Running v5.0.0.517.
    Also, everytime I restart or do a battery pull I lose most of the service books and have to reinstall again. Any suggestions on this?
    Thank You in advance for all help
    I don't have any new suggestions, but could you share the books to work with. i still don't receive or send the MMS.

Director447 no está en línea Stack level 2

BLACKBERRY STORM 2 on AT&T

I have had the same issues with using the storm 2 on AT&T , the service books come and go, browser off and on, MMS hit and miss. This is because there really are no AT&T service books that work well on the 9550 storm, since it is a CDMA phone 1st and the GSM works on the phone, but not the DATA part. The 9520 Storm, which is a true GSM phone works great, you put the sim card in and your done, only 3 G does not work, you get EDGE speed on DATA, but its still quick, since the phone has a fast processor. The 9550 is like every day i work on my phone, not worth the AGG.

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    I loved having my Storm 2 9550. I loved the keyboard, loved the screen and using the web browser. I just wish Rim would come out with a GSM Storm for Roger's in Ontario. Just too many things would not work, it was just to wonky. So I sold it and am now using a 9700. I love the 9700 but hate the screen size. Lets hope the touch screen slider is coming soon and that it is a true gsm phone.

sweetkalena no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PLZask
    there IS a fix for this issue..I have a 9550 with AT&t svc..after tryin to get help thru them and RIM I was searching here and found the FIX for the mms problem..it works and if my phone only was able to get 3g svc I'd be bouncing off the walls with happiness.....BUT no 3g svc But I do have MMS...granted with each reboot I need to reload the svc books but as I see it...its minor compaired to the annoyance of getting mms and not being able to see anything..and with the new desktop mgr its faster to load the svc books than ever...so if you love your 9550 like I love mine...its worth it...search for the MMS fix
    ~*All ((stressed out)) with nobody to THROTTLE*~
    ~*grin*~

half_pass no está en línea Stack level 1

getting MMS working on unlocked storm2

I attached what I found to be the only fix for the mms not working. After doing this, I was able to send and receive pictures on my Storm 2. Berryology had it but wanted $10 donation. Someone posted it on another forum, so I am soooo glad to be able to share this with other unlocked storm users.

As far as the service books, go to the thread Getting your Unlocked Storm2 working on AT&T. These are generic, but work well enough. The final stage when dealing with sending service books is through AT&T BIS website anyways. You push them to yourself to get email and browser working anyway.

Follow the 4 steps on the file attached and it will work. Remember that you have to send the service book back to the phone. If you have to pull the battery for any reason, then you have to do the steps again. I got tired of doing all this, so I switched to Verizon with my S2 and am really happy. It does everything it is supposed to do now with no issues. It took me longer to figure out how to get it working on Verizon network than it did to get it working on AT&T. That is a whole different story...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Learning where the search button is....