I bought a Storm and am trying to get it to work on AT&T. The ... BlackBerry Storm forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Help please-VZW Storm on AT&T

Advertisement

I bought a Storm and am trying to get it to work on AT&T. The phone and text messaging work well, but the browser icon is not there. I called AT&T, and they had me activate a new BIS acct just for that phone (PIN and IMEI). The service books are there, but the only time I can access the browser is when I hold down the function key, it appears in the list of running apps, its not on my menu. When i click on the browser, it says my service books need to be configured/sent, but they are there. i have read the thread on how to make it work, but that deals with the service books and mine are ther. Any ideas?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    What all have you tried, Glenn?

PIN/ID
    nada
    Just what I mentioned above. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and download DTM (dont even use it anymore) and follow the step by step in that thread. Its funny that my books are there, my phone and sms works, and Im on EDGE, but no browser. Do you have anything else I could try Randy?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    There were a couple of "things" i did to get my Storm to work right on Alltel but I am not sure the same fixes will work on ATT.

PIN/ID
    nada
    finally got it with bmay's help. working really well, except Im going to have to spring for a Seidio extended battery-the oem battery drains REALLY fast
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    How much are they? I seem to be running this 8900 almost dead every day too.....is it worth it?
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0

PIN/ID
    nada
    Absoluely worth it. Had one on my Bold and now on my 8900. The big ones are $60 with the ext door. The ones that use your own door are $50. If you are a heavy data user you have to have one.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well I've been a heavy user the past couple days.....it will slow up....or I guess I'll have to get a heavy duty battery...
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I like my 8900 and the storm my dad has seems ok on battery too. Chokem, how is your EDGE coverage? his is kinda flaky, too much edge and not enough EDGE
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    nada
    EDGE has been steady, very good in fact so far and its really cloudy and misty here.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Good to know, his coverage always seems to improve when he comes over here to visit
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    So how do you like the Storm Glenn?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    nada
    I really like it. There is definitely a learning curve using my first touchscreen. I can't type nearly as fast. All in all, its pretty sweet.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have to agree with you, Glenn. I love mine but after 3 weeks I am still getting used to the touch keypad. My next journey will be the Tour in about a week when Lori gets hers then I am holding out for the Storm 2.