Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have unlocked my Storm thru Verizon Global Services I have got thru the Service ... BlackBerry Storm forum

thelke no está en línea Stack level 1

Help Please... Tried everything, need Browser Service Book. AT&T

Advertisement

I have unlocked my Storm thru Verizon Global Services

I have got thru the Service Book update procedure

I have gone to the BIS page and resent my service books

I have tried removing the battery

I cannot get my Browser to work.

I have scoured the web for hours, reloaded, uninstalled and reinstalled everything I can think of

I dont have the browser...

Please help, thanks!

thelke

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    have you registered the handheld on the network?

options/advanced options/host routing table
    click menu and choose register now

I have, yes...

I have tried so many things that I've forgotten what I've tried.

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is pretty basic but it's worth asking I guess... Do you have a BlackBerry specific data plan on your account?
    I believe in paying for quality products!
    Support PinStack.com by getting a premium membership.
    Click HERE for your membership options

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    call verizon support and tell them you need the service book for the web. or maybe you need to get them from att which in that case call them. either way you should be able to get the service books sent to you. try this... remove your att sim card and reinstall .75 (verizon's official os) restart your phone and see if the browser comes back. it should as i belive they include all the updated service books in the os update. Then just update the os to whatever beta you want (without the att sim card in the phone) and that should solve your problem. although i am not certain it will as i have not done this procedure before. I also do not know if updating or reinstalling the os will re-format the phone and cause it to re-lock again?? But then again if you wrote the unlock code down then you should not have a problem! Like i said i DO NOT know if this will work or not but then again it may be worth a shot if all else fails.

good luck!
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Did you follow this. I'm trying to upload the service books but .90 won't let me.. http://forums.pinstack.com/f341/how_to_make_your_storm_work_t-95645/ ~via smartphone~
    Last edited by Safiy; 02-11-2009 at 09:55 AM.

I did try that, yes.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    When you remove the browser daemon you must restore service books and then reinstall browser in one take. Don't disconect bb and don't close DM until entire process is complete.~via smartphone~

skillz9669 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    209949D9
    maybe this is a dumb question on top of the original question. But how can u unlock a cdma phone like the storm and use it on gsm network like att? Couldn't that be an issue in itself?
    -Skillz-

"If winners never quit and quitters never win, then people who never win and never quit are just IDIOTS"

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by skillz9669 View Post
    maybe this is a dumb question on top of the original question. But how can u unlock a cdma phone like the storm and use it on gsm network like att? Couldn't that be an issue in itself?
    This is actually possible with the Storm as it is the same device on both networks. The GSM portion is locked when you buy it but it can be fully unlocked to go onto a GSM network.

See the following URL: http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=101801

~ sent with Krik's Bold ~
    Last edited by KriK; 02-11-2009 at 12:37 PM.

All fixed

Adding it to the BES server replaced all of the service books.

All is good.

Thanks for everyone's replies!

thelke

spfadul11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Service book entries

Hi... I'm new here.. I have a big gigantic issue since I i know nothing about phones..
    So, I bought an unlocked Blackberry storm, it was from vodafone.. Everything works perfectly buy the browser. I don't even have the icon.. Each time i try to go to any website pops out a message saying, "Your device does no have any browser configuration service book entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device"

I've done everything. Nothing works.. Can anybody help me, please??

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not sure if I'm right but I read somewhere that Storm from Vodafone has little bit different Service Book. Some one correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not really sure about it.

I have a Storm from Verizon.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by spfadul11 View Post
    Hi... I'm new here.. I have a big gigantic issue since I i know nothing about phones..
    So, I bought an unlocked Blackberry storm, it was from vodafone.. Everything works perfectly buy the browser. I don't even have the icon.. Each time i try to go to any website pops out a message saying, "Your device does no have any browser configuration service book entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device"

I've done everything. Nothing works.. Can anybody help me, please??
    go to option>advanced options>host routing table>hit the app menu key and register. after that resend your service books neither on the phone or your carrier's web page
    my storm is from vodafone too
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ealvnv....I have done that and it still doesn't show the browser! I resend the service books from BIS and everything. Can you (or anyone else) shed light on how to get my browser up and running.....alos a vodaphone on ATT. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast