I bought my Storm the day it was released on Verizon - Became a new ... BlackBerry Storm forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Having a few issues...

Advertisement

I bought my Storm the day it was released on Verizon - Became a new customer on that day too - Based on a message I received from another stacker, I think VZW has extended their replacement period - If I call and request a replacement and they overnight me one, will I have a 100% chance of getting a new phone or is there a possibility it will be refurbed?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    there is a possibility itll be refurbished but only if you dont REQUEST A BRAND NEW ONE which you are entitled to becuase you are within the replacement period and paid full price for a NEW phone.

I called Verizon - here's what they told me: The holiday extension only applies to returning the device and getting a different device, like a Curve for instance. She also said that I certainly would NOT be guranteed a new Storm, and yes I did request it, as I am out of the 30 day period. This would be a warranty replacement device that RIM provides Verizon. Very disheartening as I am new to VZW as of 11/21/08. Any ideas or suggestions?

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    Any ideas or suggestions?
    yeah, if you have the insurance plan... break it and pay 50 bucks for a replacement? lol

so how then do I guarantee I can get a new storm and not a refurb? Maybe it's a 3rd party app - Here's what I have now:

soft reset
    ascendo data vault
    docs to go
    visual vm

That's it...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Oh i thought you were in your 30days still. After the 30 days i know you cannot guarantee getting a BRAND new device unless the rep you speak with is willing to bend over backwards for you (same with Rogers)

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    not sure honestly... but if its refurbed, it will probably be in almost brand new condition and work better than the one you have... also - try wiping your device again.... i dont use ascendo data vault and soft reset kinda sucks in my opinion - takes longer than just removing the battery and does the same thing

i have asked this before...but I have wiped and tried new OS many, MANY times. would constantly wiping and reinstalling affect anything?