This started happening last night where my screen will go blank but not the usual ... BlackBerry Storm forum

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Has anyone lost their screen functions on your Storm?

Advertisement

This started happening last night where my screen will go blank but not the usual screen of death. I can still get messages and screen will light up but its a blank screen. I can still access my memory card and if my desktop manager isn't screwed up I could do a back up and restore. I was able to do a reboot last night a couple of times and was able to get the screen back but since it just happened again this morning I can't get my screen back up now? Any help would definitely be appreciated!

update: I have been able to get phone calls and receive messages but what the messages say I have no clue...

update 6:27pm pacific time: I've been able to use the JL commander to view certain items with the screenshot option and am aware that the accelerometer does work. The screen itself will not function.
    Last edited by BES Noob; 03-11-2010 at 10:29 PM.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Hmm I'm wondering if you have warranty on your device because that needs to be fixed. I have the same model as you, 9530, and I do get some lag at times but nothing like what you are describing.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Unfortunately, I bought this used and have unlocked it for T-mobile. I'm hoping its a software issue. I'm gonna do a backup and restore as soon as I get my issue fixed on my computer. Then I will do a wipe and see if it will come back. If it does come back then I will do an OS update and hopefully call it good.

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Good luck with that. Let me know what happens just in case that happens to me.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey Noob and Smooth, buddies I hate to be the barer of bad news, but you may be looking at a hardware problem. My friends 9530 started doing the same thing then his screen just went black.

Hopefully that's not the case here. You may also be looking at a loose ribbon cable. Easily fixed if you're the tech guru type. A bit of disassembly will be required check that option.

Good luck Noob.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    Hey Noob and Smooth, buddies I hate to be the barer of bad news, but you may be looking at a hardware problem. My friends 9530 started doing the same thing then his screen just went black.

Hopefully that's not the case here. You may also be looking at a loose ribbon cable. Easily fixed if you're the tech guru type. A bit of disassembly will be required check that option.

Good luck Noob.
    You are the man! That was exactly the problem. I took it apart and its next to impossible to tell if the connection is loose so I just pressed into the connector and put it back together. Screen is now functioning fine! You have no idea how thankful I am of your advice!

Well buddy, Im glad I could be of service. That makes me feel good.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Yes thanks again its greatly appreciated! I thought it was gonna be a nightmare taking it apart but found a video on youtube and basically followed that and got it working. The only hard part is adjusting the screws back in place so the accelerometer doesn't wig out. I think I got it working right after 3 adjustments we'll see how it goes after a few days.

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Glad to know, it hasn't happened to me but if it does, at least I have a fix

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Its been a few days since I thought I fixed my phone. The phone has been coming in and out for the last three days. I have decided since then to decommision this phone and get a new one. I can't quite afford to get a 9700 so I will just pick up another 8900 for now and wait til later if I see anything to my liking. This lesson has further reinforced my belief that touchscreen phones are just problems waiting to happen. I will definitely miss the size of the screen.

Well if its any consolation, I've got one that hasn't had any problems. Low price lol.

Sorry to hear it buddy, but that is a known issue with the screen. I've been lucky. But I did switch already.