I've had this problem for almost a week now where I cannot get capital edge ... BlackBerry Storm forum

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Am I the only guy with a Network issue on my Storm 2 on T-mobile?

Advertisement

I've had this problem for almost a week now where I cannot get capital edge on my phone to stay or even get my browser icon to appear. T-mobile says its an issue with RIM currently but I'm curious if anyone that has a Storm or Storm 2 on T-mobile is having data problems or is it just me?

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Nope, you're not the only one. Just about every major Blackberry Blog/Website has posted that people are seeing issues with Storm/Storm2 and Tours on Tmo. Most thing it has something to do with Tmo changes the service books.

Others thing that Tmo is trying to quality control their network by weeding non-Tmo phones off the net.

Either way, you're not allow on this.
    Current OS: Mark Hayes 9550 v2.1 Hybrid
    Driphter.com - Help and Support Team
    Email: dlsolo@driphter.com
    Google Talk: dlsolo@gmail.com

PIN/ID
    just ask
    I knew it had to be the service books. I've been paying attention to it and I swear I was missing a bunch of files on there. One thing that did happen to me when it first started was my apn settings switched back to Verizon and I mentioned it to the rep and they had me change it and then reregister the host routing tables and they resent my service books. I just got the Tmobile retail store manager to give me a $20 credit but to be honest with you it really doesn't feel like that is going to be enough considering how much time that I am losing right now because of this inconvenience.

hemingway00 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    239C1B60
    I finally called them on the 15th about it after screwing up all my phone settings and wiping it. was told i'd get credit on my data plan once the issue is resolved but like you, BES Noob, i don't think its going to be enough.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    I totally feel ya. What doesn't make sense is the fact that I have a good friend of mine with a Storm that I helped set up for him and he doesn't seem to have any problems at all. It really doesn't make any sense to me thats why it really felt like I was the only one going through this situation.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    This might explain something.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Thanks for posting that! I couldn't find anything more than this: http://www.bbleaks.com/2010/06/unloc...m-devices.html

The fact there is no ETIC for the fix, makes me wonder if this is a low priority.

We'll see.
    Current OS: Mark Hayes 9550 v2.1 Hybrid
    Driphter.com - Help and Support Team
    Email: dlsolo@driphter.com
    Google Talk: dlsolo@gmail.com

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Any updates guys? Only thing new I got is my wifi won't connect at my house any longer and I can't figure out why.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I run my iPhone on TMO and I haven't experienced anything different yet.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Bes Noob, I would try deleting your wifi router name off of your device and then run set up wifi network again. When it finds it, enter your wep key ( if needed) Once it's saved, while in wifi options, highlight the name of your router and hit menu/move and move it up to the top of the list and then save. That means it is the first to go through. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 06-21-2010 at 02:53 AM.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Thanks that does help. I've been adding new wifi hotspots like crazy right now to temporarily relieve my lack of data.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Just talked to rep at Tmobile store and apparently they have finally made this issue top priority at this time as of 06-19. Still no eta at this time when this issue will be resolved.

nickabis no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3054B974
    I'm running a storm 9530 on At&t for the time being until I switch to Verizon for the storm 2 and At&t is changing there data plan, WEAK! My storm doesn't offer wifi since its not the storm 2 but I am able to get edge, EDGE, all my emails, internet, texts, and MMS. This is the site I used, it has the service books for at&t and TMO. It's an older forum but hopefully it will help with someone. I hope this helps, let me know.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-t-mobile.html

PIN/ID
    just ask
    4 weeks later and I still don't have BIS Service or MMS at this time. Is there anyone else still experiencing the same issues I am and has there been anyone that has had their services restored?

SinErgy no está en línea Stack level 2
    My storm works. If you have the apn settings set remove them to get the service books