I've been turning off my GPS when not using it because I think it will ... BlackBerry Storm forum

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3

GPS and battery life

Advertisement

I've been turning off my GPS when not using it because I think it will drain the battery. Does it make a difference or should I just leave it on all the time?
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    There was never significant difference on the battery life that I noticed. The biggest battery drain for me has been BBM.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    It depends on what programs you use, and if you have them on or not. if you have one of those updating programs to keep track of your route or tell your wife where you are, and its updating and sending ota updates it will dramatically decrease. But if you have nothing using it, there is very little difference but every difference counts might as well do it....

But if your in spotty areas, I think it updates if you turn it back on, and if your laying along side the road somewhere and cant get a fix on your location, you might not want to turn it off, just in case.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3
    im just leaving it on for now. using google maps and weather bug with it.
    VZW STORM 9530

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Now that GPS is working on Googlemaps, I think GPS will use a little more juice. I left the map up while driving home so it I have to revise my previous post.