Well i met a local dude today over on another forum who was having issues ... BlackBerry Storm forum

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4

Got some hands on with a 9530....FINALLY!

Advertisement

Well i met a local dude today over on another forum who was having issues setting up his BIS on his Storm. Well i offered some help and we met up tonight. Slapped my SIM card in the phone and to test if the device would work with it....... it did and then it was time to play with it.

Man oh man as a berry lover having some hands on with the Storm was an awesome experience.

Typing was a bit awkward at first but after 5 minutes it was almost as smooth as a full physical keyboard and will only get better with time. My big fingers were somewhat of an issue but with a little adjustment it was a breeze. The suretype need some improvement IMHO and didn't match my pearl running 4.5.

Before i inserted my SIM and enabled data the device was not as laggy as i thought it would have been, the accelerometer was fast and smooth 90% of the time, apps opened quickly and overall it was cool. When the data started streaming in the phone started to lag significantly more but it was nothing that made the device unusable. The phone was on .75 so i'm only guessing it will get better with updates.

Speaking of data, the browser renders pages BEAUTIFULLY man makes the Pearl and Curve browser look like that chimpanzee who paints did something an stuck in to the screen...browser was very nice but was about the same speed as my 8320 browser however, maybe a hair faster. Could only be my perception though.

The sound was crisp, clear and the media looks very impressive and the trailer movie looked great as well. (Although the movie sucked LOL)

Call quality was nice he was calling me on the Storm to give me directions and i could hear his crystal clear.

Well i think that's it. Overall i was very imPRESSed (he he he get it?) with the 9530 Storm and have one problem with it.................... I don't have one

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Get your *** up and get just got nothing can be better I'm 75 and I'm running with minor problems I'm sure updates will tear up the competition

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    I really wanted some hands on time with one before i got one for myself. Thats why i got the 8900 instead but damn the Storm is a sweet device.