I usually don't need to ask questions; I been here for 3 yrs and have ... BlackBerry Storm forum

llsteve80 no está en línea Stack level 1

Google maps not working with TMO on 9530

Advertisement

I usually don't need to ask questions; I been here for 3 yrs and have only 5 posts, but this is baffling me.

I have an unlocked 9530 and cant get google maps to work. All I get is "waiting for GPS" All day, every day. What gives?

In Advanced Options>GPS I have Location on, Location Data on, and location aiding off. (It doesn't work while on either btw).

Anyone else have this problem? All I keep reading is how great it works for everyone else.

Edit: I'm using OS 5.0.0.328 btw

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Steve,

When you're in the GPS settings, press the BB menu button and choose Refresh GPS. Make sure you're outside when you do this, so it can locate the satellites quickly. Once it has locked in your coordinates, try Google Maps again. Should pick up the GPS easily this time around.

Roger

llsteve80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks Roger,
    That option isn't there, but it gave me an idea; I went to status, typed test, selected gps, and hit repair, that seemed to do the trick. Said it was within 30 meters, but I didn't stay out long enough to see if it got within 3 or whatever my old curve used to get.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That option SHOULD be there, but your fix was going to be my next suggestion.

Glad you're up and running with Google Maps.