Who thinks that the GM version on the BBs needs to get updated? I mean ... BlackBerry Storm forum

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Google Maps...better?

Advertisement

Who thinks that the GM version on the BBs needs to get updated? I mean has anyone seen the GM on an iphone? its much better than the BB version...with that in mind has anyone heard of a update on GM?

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    I disagree. BlackBerry version supports Latitude and Street View. IPhone doesn't have that yet. Its only the pinch movement that I see as iPhone doing better, and who really cares about that. Would rather have Latitude and Street View
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    Who thinks that the GM version on the BBs needs to get updated? I mean has anyone seen the GM on an iphone? its much better than the BB version...with that in mind has anyone heard of a update on GM?
    Never really seen the iPhone version, just briefly. What's so much better about it compared to the BB version.
    -Josh

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    BB version is better in my opinion also. I agree with benritmeyer, latitude and street view are better than having the pinch movement in my opinion

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    It takes me where I wanna go and gets me out of places I dont want to be.
    Works for me.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Iphone version has street view also. But what I meant was the UI just looks better

johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have seen GM on my friend's iPhone and it doesn't really look any different than on my BB so I am not sure what you mean.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    like for example the animations,different icons the app just seems smother...now guys I love my maps i was just saying that it just seems nicer

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    i just want the google map to actually function when i input a designation. (it works but never at an important moment...probably just bad karma) or for it to stop saying "retrying connection".

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    havent seen the iphone ver but deff the bb version needs some enhancements
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Google needs to update their satellite photos. And we should be able to view google earth on our bbs.

Robert03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Definitely need to have Google Earth! Depending on where you live the satellite photos are either new or old. There really is no inbetween. I live in San Diego and the images here are from Feb 08' so that's "new enough" for me I guess. On a side note, if you use Virtual Earth on a home PC the 'Birds Eye' feature is pretty sweet. Its only a matter of time before all those cool features will be available on our BB's. I remember my first analog cell phone. Back then, text messaging was un heard of. lol. Look at the amazing things these devices do now!