Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Never mind here are the pics. Also sorry for the misinfo I now have VZ ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5

Advertisement

Never mind here are the pics.
    Also sorry for the misinfo I now have VZ working too.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Safiy; 12-26-2008 at 01:51 PM.

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Ok it took some work to upload from phone but look.

.~via BB (wap.pinstack)~
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Safiy; 12-26-2008 at 02:10 PM.

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3
    You're not pulling GPS through Google Maps. You can see on the second picture that it says "Waiting for GPS" which indicates it doesn't have access to the internal GPS yet. If you hit the blue circle in the bottom right again after a few seconds it'll probably say something like "GPS temporarily unavailable" which is what most of us are seeing.

You can't go by how accurate your location is as the defining method to say whether or not your GPS is working with Google Maps, the accuracy depends on the location and number of the cell towers in your area. If you click that blue dot and it says it acquired GPS satellites let us know!

I've seen so much mixed info on this subject, everything so far seems to lean towards Google Maps not working with the internal GPS on VZW's 9530 quite yet but that Google is working on getting that fixed.
    Last edited by JjcampNR; 12-26-2008 at 10:20 PM.
    Device: 8100c / Apps: 4.5.0.69 / Platform: 2.7.0.72

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    The second pic was taken first. The first pic is after it acquired signal. Not searching, no GPs unavailable. Just my location within 10 meters.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    I have tried Google maps (yesterday again), never had VZ Nav installed so that is not the issue, but always get "GPS is Temporarily Unavailable" and I am always 5000 M from where I am. The reason I am that far away is that I live in the mountains and we have one cell tower on the mountain top so it fixes on just that tower. Without multiple towers you don't get good triangulation.

I suspect you are in an area that has many towers to choose from and get good triangulation.

edit: I also have had Garmin working and currently have TeleNav working, both with GPS and spot on. GMaps is always way off.
    Does the exact same thing to me on Alltel BBMaps and Telenav are dead on and Gmaps is always searching then gives the temp unavailable messege. Only thing is when I first got my curve it worked just as good as the rest but since getting the newest version, nada!!!

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Trust me the pics tell the truth. No GPS the location would never be within 10 meters. Question has anybody with GM been able to get a location within 10, 20, 100 meters?

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I don't get this. Look at the pic. Its not fake. Where do you see GPS unavailable? I've have GM with no GPS on my 8320, this is not the same. The first pic is on top of my house. No GPS? Really now? Here's another. According to google it should be a light blue circle around the blue dot if no gps. But then again maybe your right because Att and tmo can't work on a 9530, and vz nav is 10 bucks a month. Right ~via BB (wap.pinstack.comr)~
    Last edited by Safiy; 12-27-2008 at 07:20 AM.

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not going to argue with you, how was I supposed to know the pictures were posted with the first one second?

In the picture that says waiting for GPS you have a blue dot and a blue triangle at the intersection of Houston Whittler and Gratiot, were you moving around? I'd definitely like to get this working on my VZW 9530, so if there were any tricks to it can you let us know?
    Device: 8100c / Apps: 4.5.0.69 / Platform: 2.7.0.72

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Point taken. I was wondering when someone was gonna ask? I was able to access GPS functions in escreen . Not sure exactly which setting worked but I basically turned on and unlocked everything I could. Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but after reading the posts, this seems to be the only factor that's different. I you want I can give you a code so you see what you can figure out.via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    One other thing is I'm a tmo cust. also me and a few others on tmo have vz nav 100% for free. Not sure if it matters though~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ScottPV no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    Point taken. I was wondering when someone was gonna ask? I was able to access GPS functions in escreen . Not sure exactly which setting worked but I basically turned on and unlocked everything I could. Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but after reading the posts, this seems to be the only factor that's different. I you want I can give you a code so you see what you can figure out.via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What is "escreen"?

Scott

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    i'll show you but my power out. We had a bad wind storm. Soon as its up I'll generate a code to get you there.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    i'll show you but my power out. We had a bad wind storm. Soon as its up I'll generate a code to get you there.
    Please let me know and have one also so I can test this.

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Here's 3 I'm trin to figure. Tmo tier 3 claims vzw uses 2100. So does tmo, then why no 3G? I hope there's way to turn on modem mode. Also in one screen there was something that said "provisioned for Janus" and "wipe SFS". Now me being the genius that I am, I thought when I pressed on wipe SFS it would pop up a menu. It did not. It wiped the SFS. Now its not provisioned for Janus anymore. ? What is Janus? What is SFS? I don't have any problems though… thank god.
    Last edited by Safiy; 12-28-2008 at 02:22 PM.
    Man In Black(berry)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12